T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you very much for your appreciation. Can you give me some suggestions of what kind of vector packs and t-shirt designs should we add?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Re: T-shirt designs and vector packs

Hi Alex. I use vector graphics for vinyl, so obviously I look for designs that aren't going to be an absolute nightmare to weed out. Basic shapes, scrolls, hearts etc are widely available via EBay etc. so I'd be looking for vectors that were radicaly different, but still easy to work with.

The tee shirt designs are a more complex proposition. Unlike vector graphics, most people are quite comfortable doing their own basic designs with Photoshop etc. So for me I'd be looking at highly detailed designs that 'jump off the page' at you. All the usual skulls, angels, roses etc in gothic/metal format are too widespread, so I'd be looking for something radically different, that's sellable when put on a tee.

Hope this helps?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Thank you very much for your appreciation. Can you give me some suggestions of what kind of vector packs and t-shirt designs should we add?
So far you have some real good stuff, especially the t-shirt designs.:D

·
Registered
137 Posts

Just curious...?

Why is the site a direct rip of the gomedia arsenal stuff?.....

why not just make an original site?..

It just seems like it's trying to mislead potential customers, into thinking it's somehow related to gomedia.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Just curious...?

It just seems like it's trying to mislead potential customers, into thinking it's somehow related to gomedia.
Our website is no where near a rip off the gomedia site and is original.
How do we mislead potential customers?
If we create vector packs also it means that we are a rip off?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

I have just visited the gomedia site out of curiosity and apart from the black backdrop there aren't that many similarities, that are visually apparent to me?

I hadn't visited (or heard of) either site until today. Am I missing something obvious here?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Just curious...?

Im sorry but i don't think is similar to gomedia at all or similar.:D IMO

·
Registered
137 Posts

Our website is no where near a rip off the gomedia site and is original.
Yeah it's not really....and is an exact copy of their previous layout...good thing they updated, and streamlined.
Go Media's Arsenal - Professional Design Weaponry

but since some here is familiar with gomedia....then good luck with that....they recently updated their arsenal site...so the grey diagonal header highlights are gone....but whatever.

How do we mislead potential customers?
Just sayin....if it looks the same...some potential people, might confuse the two & and think they are affiliated.

If we create vector packs also it means that we are a rip off?
I never said anything about selling vector packs, alot of people sell packs....this was just simply about the color scheme, site layout and diagonal header highlights.

That being said...it doesn't really matter to me...as I'm not affiliated with them....I was just curious as too the reasoning behind the copying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

No one confuses us with anyone and i dont know how the gomedia looked like before and i dont care.

We worked a lot to create the vectors on our website and we are still working.
If you have any advice for us let me know if not please stop comparing us with gomedia.
Thank you for understanding.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Just trying to bring truthful information to the forefront for the benefit of this community, and potential

My only advice is that you really should add a location and concrete contact information to your site & contact page....it gives a slightly secretive feel when that info is withheld....and potential clients have no idea where they are sending their money & payments.

also thank you for understanding

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Hi Alex. I use vector graphics for vinyl, so obviously I look for designs that aren't going to be an absolute nightmare to weed out. Basic shapes, scrolls, hearts etc are widely available via EBay etc. so I'd be looking for vectors that were radicaly different, but still easy to work with.

The tee shirt designs are a more complex proposition. Unlike vector graphics, most people are quite comfortable doing their own basic designs with Photoshop etc. So for me I'd be looking at highly detailed designs that 'jump off the page' at you. All the usual skulls, angels, roses etc in gothic/metal format are too widespread, so I'd be looking for something radically different, that's sellable when put on a tee.

Hope this helps?

I have to agree with Dreamglass on designs that are not going to be a nightmare to weed out. If you can add something like this would be great that most of us use vinyl cutters here. Other than that i still think you have some sweet stuff.:D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

No one confuses us with anyone and i dont know how the gomedia looked like before and i dont care.

We worked a lot to create the vectors on our website and we are still working.
If you have any advice for us let me know if not please stop comparing us with gomedia.
Thank you for understanding.
For some reason i still don't see how gomedia looks similar to designious and i don't see how people can get them confused. It's just me i don't see it.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts

For some reason i still don't see how gomedia looks similar to designious and i don't see how people can get them confused. It's just me i don't see it.
There are some similarities that Drew clearly pointed out (that have also been pointed out in other forums).

Hopefully we can move on from that point and offer different suggestions :)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
There are a bunch of vector packs out there that look similar in packaging and content. I actually dont think there is any real packaging as most are downloads and the boxes are just artwork. I think the OP just wanted some honest feedback on what they offer and what folks would like to see in future products. My initial look at the packs just reminded me of many different companies doing like work with photoshopped boxes. If you look around the web at companies that make vector packs you will understand.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think they look similar because they both use Cube Cart and they both probably used a Cube Cart template that was floating around. That said, as long as the content is legit, which it appears to be original, good, clean content...then I could care less what the website looks like.

Good work Alex.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Either way we should stop comparing them and focus more on the products they have to offer. These guys have some real nice stuff at very reasonable prices i just downloaded some freebies from there site and there awesome! BTW im not affiliated with them im just telling it like it is.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

My only advice is that you really should add a location and concrete contact information to your site & contact page....it gives a slightly secretive feel when that info is withheld....and potential clients have no idea where they are sending their money & payments.
On a practical level, if you give out that sort of information, you have to be prepared to have people phoning you late at night, or just turning up on a Sunday afternoon (to save postage). Until fairly recent times, it was virtually impossible to contact Amazon, or EBay, other than by email forms, but it didn't stop their rapid growth. If you are using a reputable payment gateway that offers buyer protection, it's not really a problem.

With the vector packs, the designs must be relatively easy to weed, otherwise if folks start wasting vinyl, you'll get very little repeat business.

With the tee shirt designs, I'm not sure whether you'd do much better selling these onto plastisol transfers:confused:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts