T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m wondering if there are any other dog lovers on the forums. I’ve got a rottie that’s a year and half and is the best dog I’ve ever had. His name is Maximus (from the movie Gladiator!) Previous dogs I’ve had are: Chow, German Shepherd, and Siberian Husky.

He is extremely smart and trainable. He’s got some obedience titles and getting trained in Schutzhund right now and working very hard. Hopefully he will be ready to get his first Schutzhund title pretty soon.

After a long search we finally found a breeder that was 3 hours away. We took a small road trip, and drove to get him when he was 8 weeks old, and drove back the same day. Our family has never been the same since.

So come on. Let us hear it. I know there are other members with dogs. What breed? How old? Short stories?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I have 2 labs (well one lab and one half lab/half newfoundland). We've had our yellow lab since he was 8 weeks old and we got the lab/newfoundland from a friend at work when they were both about 2 years old.

Both are great dogs and great around the kids.

·
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point about the kids. Max is great around our kids. He is actually a really sweet dog, and loves meeting people. Excellent temperament.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've got a mutt, that we rescued from certain death. He is loud and obnoxious and stays out all night barking at the moon. He fits in well with the rest of our family. His name is Dobie.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i have a maltipoo, he's kinda an a-hole, but i love him anyway. His name is Lody.

I also have 2 goats- Jasek and Daisy.

I just gave away my horse (buckskin/arabian) Casey and hereford cow Ellie. Ellie was awesome, and I highly suggest cows as pets if you've got the room. She loved snacks and would lightly headbutt you to give her some. She also knew her name and would come when called. Oh, Ellie.

3 chickens (only the Leghorn is named, "Chicken" ironicly) and an albino rabbit, Sweetpea, that i found abandoned on the side of the road. He had a companion, Mama, but she died.

I turned this into an animal lover thread.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have 2 dachshunds.

Gizmo (male) has a Red Sable Coat he's almost 6 years old.

Stormi (male) has a Chocolate and Tan Coat. He's a sweet and will do anything for you for a hug I think he's about 4 years old. He's a little guy but came in the home and "demanded the spot" as Alpha Dog. He's jealous of any attention you give Gizmo.

However Gizmo basically "will on do something" if you give him a "TREAT FIRST".

Printchic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts