T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just launched our official site on Monday, and all of the feedback has been positive. I never trust my friends, spouses, or parents, though...they are all liars.

Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

www.splatterfishtees.com

I believe that my partner, Pickle, may have posted a link to our site in the past, but we have changed the format quite a bit.

Please be harsh,
Tucker

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey tucker,
Since you want brutal honesty i tried to be pretty picky, so dont get offended by any of this criticism :) i think your site looks alright, its a little plain and you seem to have table borders which i think look ugly. you should consider using a more attractive font, like verdana to make the text look a bit nicer. You should learn to use style sheets to format your pages so you have consistent margins and formatting throughout. Having text right up against the edge of the table looks pretty dodgy. I think a backround image/color which has a texture or nice pattern might liven the page up a bit, but you have to be careful with that, it can look terrible if done wrong. On the positive side though, I think you have a good shopping cart setup. Alright, hope my thoughts have been helpful.

All the best,
Andrew

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
andocobo said:
hey tucker,
Since you want brutal honesty i tried to be pretty picky, so dont get offended by any of this criticism :) i think your site looks alright, its a little plain and you seem to have table borders which i think look ugly. you should consider using a more attractive font, like verdana to make the text look a bit nicer. You should learn to use style sheets to format your pages so you have consistent margins and formatting throughout. Having text right up against the edge of the table looks pretty dodgy. I think a backround image/color which has a texture or nice pattern might liven the page up a bit, but you have to be careful with that, it can look terrible if done wrong. On the positive side though, I think you have a good shopping cart setup. Alright, hope my thoughts have been helpful.

All the best,
Andrew
I really do appreciate the help.

I agree that consistency is huge (from page to page), and that is sort of the reason for having a somewhat plain overall look. Simple, clean, consistent is the goal. I was curious about the text and margins also, as I did not know if it would be noticeable...we may make the switch.

Thanks a ton for the help,
Tucker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts