T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used 4 station 8 color antec legend and I am flustered with the set-up. The platens are close to level but leveling the screens, especially trying to adjust the off contact is making me nuts. I'm not certain what the knob in the center is called, possibly what they call the "warped screen" adjustment? On other machines I know it is the off contact knob. Many of these knobs are really tough to turn and some don't at all. It is a 1991 model. The only thing that makes sense to me is to loosen the nuts behing the screen clamp downs and lower the piece that secures the screen.
I'd love some advice from any antec users so I can print this weekend. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That did the trick thanks! Now, what exactly is that middle knob for. Is that what they referred to the "warped screen" adjustment. Those knobs are really hard to turn and my screens aren't level. I am lubing them with liquid wrench and hoping I can adjust them afterwards. If I'm wrong please inform me of what purpose that tough to turn knob has. Thanks : )

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just bought a Legend at the ISS show this pass Sept. 08. I have also had some problems trying to figure out the micros and getting the screen set up in general. I am new to screen printing and I'm not sure which step to do first. I know you have to level the screen, set the off contact, and register the screens.
I have read the manual several times and I know the knob on the side is for left and right movement.
The two knobs on the back make the screen move back toward the press or out from the press if you turn them at the same time. (If you turn only one the screen goes at an angle.) If you are too far off you just have to loosen the platen and move it, at least that was my solution. The two knobs behind the screen clamp knobs are for raising or lowering the screen. The fact that you can move one without the other means you can level it even if the screen is warped. The nuts beside these knobs must be loosened first.

These five knobs are suppose to get the screen level and register the screens.
I kind of know how it's suppose to be done but doing it is much harder. I'm not sure what the middle knob is you mentioned. Mine doesn't have one in the middle but it problably was just moved when they came up with another model. Maybe a photo would help.

I would like to ask if I have the steps in the correct order:
First I pull down the clamp and put the screen
in making sure not to touch the back of the clamp with the screen. At this point the screen is lying on top of the platen and I make sure it's level. The screen arm off contact pad should not be down.

Next I set the off contact. I had to use the speed lift knobs already to level the screen holder to the platen. I should just have to move them a little to get the off contact set and put the off contact pad down. Is it easier to put something under each end of the screen like a paddle for mixing pain?

The manual says that the micro must be set in the neutral position before each use, if not you will probably run out of adjustment. The left to right neutral is located by lining up the bar on the micro top plate with the slide. I'm not sure how to set neutral for the other adjustments, the manual is just not clear to me on that. Does anyone know?

After leveling and setting the off contact for each screen color then you would register each one. Would you need to move the off contact knobs anymore? I wouldn't think so. The left to right knob sets up the line on the press which is suppose to be the neutral setting. Using this knob and the other two you should be able to register the screens.

Do I have this right? I was very frustrated when I tried to do this. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts