T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi All,
I was expirimenting with different resolution and dot sizes. I noticed that higher resolutions with smaller dot size give great coverage, but not very bright white. Higher dot sizes give bright white, but not very good coverage and the image can look grainy.

I did a 2 step print in the software Print Pro.
1st step - Print 2 passes of White @ 1440 dpi var 6pl and NO layers of color.
2nd step - Print 1 pass of White @ 1440 dpi multi-shot dot and 1 layer of color @ 1440 dpi var 6pl

The result is great, the ink is not caked on and I think it should hold up great in the wash. I'll keep you posted after I'm finished with the wash test.

The flash was off for these pics.

http://www.threadsafeinc.com/images/samples/folsomfoxes1.jpg
http://www.threadsafeinc.com/images/samples/folsomfoxes2.jpg

·
Registered
722 Posts
TahoeTomahawk said:
Hi All,

I did a 2 step print in the software Print Pro.
1st step - Print 2 passes of White @ 1440 dpi var 6pl and NO layers of color.
2nd step - Print 1 pass of White @ 1440 dpi multi-shot dot and 1 layer of color @ 1440 dpi var 6pl

you printed one shirt by doing both of the steps? that is ALOT of passes.
out of curiousity, how long did it take you to print one shirt?
& what machine are u using?

ive been using the tjet jumbo2 w/the fast artist software and im able to achieve very bright, opaque white with just one 1440 pass at 100% opacity. i dont even really need the optional second pass of white.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the filesize! I didn't want to edit it.

I'm using a DTG Kiosk with the dupont white ink, and total print time was about 8 min. I can get it bright with a single pass however the coverage is not very good. I wish the Print Pro software let you configure each Layer so it's not a 2 step proccess. Also, the 2 passes of white @ 1440 with the smaller dot size was probably overkill, but I wanted to make sure I had good coverage so when I printed with multi-shot, the white came out nice and bright.

I'll give that another try and let you guys know how it goes.

MZDEELO that is nice you have the Jumbo. Many of us in here only have the standard DTG Kiosk or T-Jet.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Deana did you get the new fastartist upgrade at USSIT? It works great, its pretty much just click and print now all the underbase stuff is automatic now.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thanks Adam,
My Kiosk is expected on Moday, tech will setup tuesday (fingers crossed).
It was supposed to arrive Friday, but there was s hipping mix up..:)
I will also post updates as to how I progress, once it arrives.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
TahoeTomahawk said:
Sorry for the filesize! I didn't want to edit it.
Well they certainly serve as better sample photos unedited, so that's cool :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
csquared said:
Deana did you get the new fastartist upgrade at USSIT? It works great, its pretty much just click and print now all the underbase stuff is automatic now.
no i havnt.. i actually asked them about it earlier todday and they said the new fast artist upgrade is only for the single palette t-jets. i have the jumbo2 and they told me that the upgrade is "coming" *sigh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts