T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just found this forum - hope we can get the help we need. We are this business going on 3 years now - doing heat transfering and now embroidery with patches, T's, hats or whatever... mostly in the Motorcycle Rally / Show arena. And having a ball - but like to have this resource to help with some of the new questions that come up - almost daily. Definitely still in the learning stages but love what we are doing! Thanks in advance for all the info we get from all of you out there as we do our research!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome Wide Open Wagon.:D

Maybe you can offer some newbie help as I'm still comparing notes/posts/findings.

I need to buy a heat press. Which one are you using and why do you like it.

And do you use a cutter? Printer make/model? Papers? Ink.

Thank you in advance. 3- years in business is great...
glad you're having fun as well!

Susan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Susan - the press we are using was a used one - we got it when we bought the business - it works ok but when we replace it we will get one with the automatic lift on it - I don't have the strength to operate this one so that's my husbands job to press the shirts.... an awesome web site to go to is www.alphasupply.com - they have the presses, paper ink etc...... we have an Epson 1280 inkjet printer with a bulk ink set up.... the printer you can get at places like Best Buy - or on line thru Epson - I know Best Buy can order one if they don't have one in stock.... as for the bulk ink set up and the ink and papers - go into "alphasupply" and they have it on line - I use the "green line" paper for white and light T's (must be all cotton - I get 6.1 oz Gildans and feel the quality is excellent for our customers), and if you are doing other than light colored T's the guys at Alpha Supply can help you with that - check out their whole web site - it will answer alot of questions before you call them - and their 800# is a good one to have - the guys on their end are totally awesome and will advise and help you with anything! I highly recommend them! And sign up for their internet newsletter - comes out monthly - has alot of help in there and keeps you up to date with new stuff coming out......as for a cutter - I just use scissors to trim out the transfers - not sure what you are doing but that's really all you need for doing T-shirts..... any other questions - feel free to ask -
Penny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts