T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, another noob here with questions. This is more on the "legal" side. I decided today that I want to start in the tshirt business, this is after doing a few designs for my company and not getting anything for them. So now I'm looking at getting transfers done at ACE of my drawings, getting a local shop to put the designs on and me selling the T's.
Back to the legal issues, does anyone on here do anything similar to what I want to do and are licenses or anything needed.
And for the future, what licenses or things are needed to get my own t-shirt business?

Thanks in advance and I am still going thru "searching" the forums.
Got 1 4 Ya.....................Paul

·
Registered
3,800 Posts

-----------------------------------------------------
:::: You will need to register a business/name.

·
Registered
120 Posts
LucyRoberts said:

:::: You will need to register a business/name.
Two questions:

1. Do you need to register a business just to sell things on someplace such as PrintMOJO?

2. What does this registering entail (in the US)?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
1. Do you need to register a business just to sell things on someplace such as PrintMOJO?
Not necessarily, but you will need to report your income just like any other income. Some people report the income as individuals and some register official businesses.

Check with your local chamber of commerce to see what is needed for registering a business in your city.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Be careful before registering your name with anyone.

If you are not serious about this biz venture, you will be endacted with forms, to pay fees, etc.

I do have a right-to-sell permit here in Los Angeles. This provides me with the necessary license to purchase wholesale. At the end of each year, I have to pay for purchase taxes for items I did not pay taxes on.

You can find yourself locked into all types of accounting situations. Make sure you are ready. Talk to your accountant.

I have always reported my income when my taxes are being prepared along with any deductions (biz materials, traveling expenses, phone calls, phone bill, etc.)

I sell at various events and never need a license/permit. Its good to at least have the permit.

If you are selling over the internet, unless you are making some serious cash, I wouldnt bother doing much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts