T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple questions hopefully the experts can answer or point me in right direction.
1) Can you trademark a slogan? We have a bunch of ideas for slogans but would love for a couple to be "ours" making our website the only place people may buy this quote.

2) Bulk T-shirt websites?

3) Heat Press Websites? Best one for a starting company

4) Any laws or restrictions to opening small t-shirt business on the web?? websites? any help??????

Thanks to all and great website to make life fun outside of real jobs

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Questions #1 Don't know.
#2 meaning you want a wholesaler? Or you want to do one?
#3 Coastal Business.. I have bought 2 from them. Great customer service. free shipping. Ask for sample packs for free also,
#4 no laws. But you should be ligit. Get a state resale number. See my web sites.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
1) In general, you can't trademark a slogan. A trademark is generally designed to protect a brand. However, there are sometimes when the 2 overlap like "Just Do It" or "Big Johnson". Check with the trademark office and/or a lawyer for more details :)

2) Lots of them :) Just search google for bulk t-shirts or wholesale t-shirts. You'll find cheapestees.com, blankshirts.com, sanmar.com, ssactivewear.com and more.

3) Lots of them as well :) bestblanks.com, imprintables.com, coastalbusiness are 3 of the bigger ones.

4) Check your local laws :) I don't know about any. Depending on your location, you may need a business license, resale permit, DBA, Fictitious business name statement. You can check with your local chamber of commerce and/or SBA (small business association).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts