T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing a cutter, but don't know a whole lot about it.... imagine that, you guys must get tired of these.. LOL.. Well, what is contour cutting and how does it differ from... "normal" vinly cutting? It is a software thing or hardware thing ? I'm looking at doing letters and logos in solid colors.. as a start.. Any help is appreciated!!

-Timmmmay!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hello search for threads about Roland gx-24, and US cutters. you will find a wealth of info on both type cutters.

Contour cutting needs to have an optic eye to read registration marks, so it is both a hardware and software thing.

For just one color letters and logos you usually don't need that function.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Tim please don't ever feel like asking a question is a bother. I know the only dumb question ever was the on I didn't ask.The members of the forums is a great group and we really want to help each other. ..... JB

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'm looking at purchasing a cutter, but don't know a whole lot about it.... imagine that, you guys must get tired of these.. LOL.. Well, what is contour cutting and how does it differ from... "normal" vinly cutting? It is a software thing or hardware thing ? I'm looking at doing letters and logos in solid colors.. as a start.. Any help is appreciated!!

-Timmmmay!
For just letters and logo's you don't need any contour cutting features. Also just about any cutter can do letters and logo's but alway's stick with the best machines for the job.:D

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. If you are only looking at a fairly small machine to start off with, have a look at the Graphtec Craft Robo cutters. They do a good job and take up little space.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Does anyone know of a cheaper cutter that uses servo motors instead of stepper motors. I am curious/thinking that the problems with the cheaper ones are the inferior motors. Can an electronics person elaborate on this please? I'm happy to cut my iron ons by hand if this will save some money. Its just hard to come up with another 1800 to 2000 after heat press, printer, transfers, and T's. I really don't want a machine that will possibly fail in front a customers.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I know the GCC cutters have servo motors too.I have a Gcc and it works great. Gcc salea to dealers that relabel them, but ask Roger at www.heatpressvinyl.com for more info. I will say that I know lots of people that have the Uscuteer brand and they are very pleased too. ..... JB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this a decent cutter? The price is definately right.. Thanks for the help Guy..!

Timmmmay!

Specifications:
BrandUSCutterModelLaserPoint 24Motor TypeStepper MotorMax Cutting Width625mm (24.6")Max Feed Width730mm (28.7") Max Pressure400 gramsMax Speed400mm / secondInterfaceUSB and SerialPower Requirements110 volt - 220 volt US and International StandardIncluded SoftwareSignBlazer Elements Trial (100% Functional)Warranty
180 Day

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try that again.. Will this cut a smooth decal? A friend has an 'off brand' and it cuts a bit jaggety... -Timmmayyy

Specifications:

Brand

USCutter

Model

LaserPoint 24

Motor Type

Stepper Motor

Max Cutting Width

625mm (24.6")

Max Feed Width

730mm (28.7")

Max Pressure

400 grams

Max Speed

400mm / second

Interface

USB and Serial

Power Requirements

110 volt - 220 volt US and International Standard

Included Software

SignBlazer Elements Trial (100% Functional)

Warranty

180 Day

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Funds are leading me in the direction of the refine but, I intend to take my setup on the road and am concerned with the possibility of damage from jostling around. Are there any ways to pack them to avoid problems? maybe stuff small pillows in empty spaces or anything for safety.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Thanks I got that from my printer too I guess I'll just repack as shipped and then use pillows under the boxes. Get a sack of packers peanuts and keep them and the sack for moving around. Maybe?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts