T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GoDaddy just released another code to get a 99 cent domain name.

Same rules as before: can only be used once per account for one name, must be new domain (no renewals), available until July 2 or 10,000 names (which ever comes first), good on .com, .net, .mobi, .biz, .us, .org, .ca, .co.uk, and .in.

I have also heard you can use the code to transfer a name to them from a different registrar but I have never tried.

Get your name soon because these codes usually expire within a few days. This is not an affiliate code and I don't make any money from you using it.

The code is SOCCER99, just enter the the promo code on the order form.

Take care,

Dennis Graves

· Registered
2,907 Posts
Thanks, I just got another one. I have been waiting for you to post another code. Now I just need to find a code to get a discount on renewals. I have one domain that expires this year and I want to beat the increase.

Thanks again.

· Registered
176 Posts
Do they let you transfer the domain name away to another registrar? I don't want to get stuck with GoDaddy for hosting if I register a domain through this offer.
(Are there any strings attached or do you receive ownership of the domain like any other time you register)

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can probably move it to another registrar later, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to. You don't have to host the domain at GD. I have almost 100 domain names there and I don't host any of them there.

I usually use DNF2 when I renew. I think it brings it down to 7.49. It still worked last time I tried. If it matters to you, I think this is an affiliate code from Domain Name Forums which is where I used to hang out when I was marketing domain names.

I registered a couple of domain names last week before I got the code. Now I have to think of another domain name. Another time when the code came out I opened accounts in my mothers, father's, brother's and kid's names so I could register a bunch. Now I'm having trouble thinking of 1 more.

Use the code soon,

Dennis Graves

· Registered
1,318 Posts
you should check reviews on hosting sites...I googled ..highest rated web hosting" and i found top 10..justhost and fatcow...where both 1 and 2 and the offer free domain for life plus some other great features....i have my website with one of those 2 but i don't remember

· Registered
2,907 Posts
That's interesting as I just looked at 10 different hosting review sites and never did they have the same ranking twice. Of the 10 review sites I looked at Fat Cow and Justhost was in the number one slot once. I'm beginning to think these numbers are not based on statistics.

· Registered
1,318 Posts
That's interesting as I just looked at 10 different hosting review sites and never did they have the same ranking twice. Of the 10 review sites I looked at Fat Cow and Justhost was in the number one slot once. I'm beginning to think these numbers are not based on statistics.
maybe they are based on customer satisfaction, cost, reviews..? 1 thing is for sure they are rated higher than godaddy i believe i saw godaddy at # 7 or 8..

· Registered
2,907 Posts
You are right they are rated higher than godaddy but my point is can we rely on who is giving the ratings? For 10 different sites to have 10 different rankings makes me think that the rankings may be based on opinions not facts. Maybe personal user reviews or something.

· Registered
109 Posts
thanks for the code. the replies made me look at fatcow as a newbie to host my site. looks good for someone not online yet and doesn't need much . Can I trabsfer the godaddy name to Fatcow easily? And the video at Fatcow looks like alot of add ons to the $3.50 ish a month fee, is it the same as going with someone esle more well known?? BigCartel/Commerce?
Thanks again,
N

· Registered
1,079 Posts
Doesn't matter who you buy your domain from, newly purchased domains can not be transferred until after the 60 day period. The 60 day period is a guideline set by ICANN.

Add.......after the 60 period you can do what you want with it move it, sell it, ...it's yours.

· Registered
1,079 Posts
Also regardless of who you go with, register the domain name directly with a domain name "Registrar" rather than through the host company. Some companies that were offering free domains for life with a hosting package were registering the free domain under their name so if you decided to leave they held your domain hostage or you had to pay big dollars to move it. If you had a successful business following this would suck so you would be at their mercy. You can check ICANN.org for a list of Accredited Registrars. Tucows (FatCow) was listed as being Accredited but Justhost wasn't.

· Registered
1,079 Posts
thanks for that info... being a newbie, so If I sign up at fatcow,can I ask to be registered as one who may move the domain name later? and do I ask go daddy the same/ Sorry, don't know the lingo yet..
No you just sign up. When you get ready to transfer to a new company you go to the new company and use the transfer domain feature to start the process. Again you can not transfer until after the 60 day period. If you try before the 60 days is up the transfer will be rejected but as long has the 60 days has passed, it will be simple to move.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.