T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have tried Drawplus8 and inkscape but to no avail, I just can't convert the attached image with any reasonable result!

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer! I have even tried the online vectoring one with no luck!

It ends up being a very dodgy copy depsite playing with the settings on trace etc.
Any Ideas??

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that!

I am pretty sure I vectorise it with the trace function, but I end up with a very bad copy that would need lots and lots of editing to be usable.

I have also tried saving as a bmp and then using artcut to "trace" with a very similar result although a slightly better result.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
The smaller font and logo are probably a little too fine to trace.

I'd recommend you redo the whole thing with a larger logo.

I found this image using Google Images... [media]http://www.officeforwomen.sa.gov.au/images/govsa_print.jpg[/media]
Maybe you'd have more luck vectormagooglimizing that and editing it to suit. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Since it is mostly text, I woud use a prorgram like Illustrator (or any that uses vector form) And try to match the font. And just worry about converting the none text to a vector. I would just grab the pen tool and drav the bird, make it a vector and your done.

If you are gettting to much lose from converting just remake it. The text should be kinda easy to find a font that matches. And the bird maybe play around with the contrast, and convert

Hope that helps

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that, kinda glad with the response! I was going nuts thinking I was doing something wrong!

The text match is easy and I'll give drawing it a go thanks!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK,

Thought I'd post a follow up for anyone else.

I ended up using inkscape and tracing the image. Using the setting I made the image as "dark" as possible then saved the image as a bitmap.

I had been using the "Export as a Bitmap" but found it actually saves it as a PNG not BMP which artcut wouldn't import. So I used the save as then traced in Artcut with the following result (Which I felt is acceptable. The image is actually only 2.5cm in size)

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use trace4less.com to do my vector artwork. the website is Trace4Less.com. you send them the file in a jpeg and they clean it up and vectorize it for about $15.00. I have been using them for more detail logos. very reasonable pricing. check them out you will be happy with there work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts