T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand and use a 21 step guide when I do my exposures.
My question is, how much water pressure do you use to wash your exposed screen off?
With enough pressure a person could blast off fully, and, overcured emulsion. A trickling hose won't cut it on underexposed screen.
These are the things that keep me up at night:)

Butch

·
Registered
120 Posts
Depends on the level of detail, but I use a pressure washer that has 3 settings on the wand. I use the widest for most images, but when detail is critical I turn the machine off and just run hose pressure through the washer's nozzle. The distance I spray at is usually ~10" -18"

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
And some people use pressure washer when the image has details.

It also depends on how well your image is exposed. People have used hand sprayers, garden hose on full stream or jet stream, pressure washers, etc. I guess the best thing to do is expose some spot images with no or not much details, expose and wash them then take it from there. After you're comfortable washing out spot images then shift to simple halftone images with lpi of of mesh count divided by 5.5 to 6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.