T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anajet is the worst

I am very curious about how people say they run 1000's of prints on the Anajet sprint with very few issues! I wouldn't be surprised if these people are Anajet employee's. I bought my Anajet 2 years ago and It has not worked since day one! constant clogging, dull looking prints, colors are totally off etc etc etc etc etc etc. When I bought the Anajet I was lied to by the sales person who was desperate to make a sale. I called for information and said I am moving to a new shop in 3-4 months and would not be able to set it up until then. He called and emailed me with a few different "special offer's". (little did I know that almost everyone who buys the Anajet gets the same exact offer!) ...... I told him that I couldn't set the printer up for 3-4 months because we would be moving and had no space in our old shop. He told me that the printer would be fine! well it wasn't fine! when I opened the printer the tubes were rotted from sitting with the pink solution that was sitting in them for 3 months and the print head was totally clogged! after months of thinking there was a "learning curve" I had to sent the printer back to be fixed. I ended up having to BUY a new print head for a new machine!!. Now Im back in the same place. i put cleaning solution carts in the machine and flushed the print head and let the machine sit for a few month (sill doing daily maintenance ) head cleans with the cleaning solution. Now the printer is totally not working! I cant even get the cleaning solution through the print head. Ughh this thing is a lemon.:mad:

· Registered
2,628 Posts
forgive me in advance, but how in the world would your ink lines rot?

your print head clogged because you still had white ink residue in your lines. when the cleaning fluid sat in them, it broke some of the plaque off of your lines and the chunks make their way to your head. this is a bit presumptuous, but i would almost guarantee that your clog is in the top of the head. right under the nipples where the dampers plug into there is a screen mesh that the ink goes through. this is most likely where your clog is. take the head out of the machine, unplug the two ribbon cables, remove the 3 screws that attach the silver bracket to the nozzle plate. the bracket is flimsy, so carefully remove it. now gently wiggle the top of the head (where all the nipples are) off. i went through a bad batch of white ink that kept clogging on me, and did this many times. once you have the top off, you are now only dealing with plastic. now you can use a syringe to push and pull Simple Green, rubbing alcohol, etc. through the nipples until you get all the clogs out. you should be able to shoot fluid across the room if these are clear. finish by flushing with distilled water. reassemble your print head. now you should be able to get a nice fine mist through your nozzles when you gently push cleaning fluid through the head. almost all of my clogs where in the top of the head. the nozzles rarely clog on the r1900 head if the printer is being used.

sorry for the book, but you should be able to get your head unclogged. i have the older AnaJet and it works just fine. there are tips and tricks on these forums to get good color output. so it's up to you. sell it if you want to, but if you have demand, we can get you printing. if you truly have a lemon, you shouldn't have kept it for 2 years. you'll probably get more help around here than you will from AnaJet.

· Registered
6 Posts
forgive me in advance, but how in the world would your ink lines rot?

your print head clogged because you still had white ink residue in your lines. when the cleaning fluid sat in them, it broke some of the plaque off of your lines and the chunks make their way to your head. this is a bit presumptuous, but i would almost guarantee that your clog is in the top of the head. right under the nipples where the dampers plug into there is a screen mesh that the ink goes through. this is most likely where your clog is. take the head out of the machine, unplug the two ribbon cables, remove the 3 screws that attach the silver bracket to the nozzle plate. the bracket is flimsy, so carefully remove it. now gently wiggle the top of the head (where all the nipples are) off. i went through a bad batch of white ink that kept clogging on me, and did this many times. once you have the top off, you are now only dealing with plastic. now you can use a syringe to push and pull Simple Green, rubbing alcohol, etc. through the nipples until you get all the clogs out. you should be able to shoot fluid across the room if these are clear. finish by flushing with distilled water. reassemble your print head. now you should be able to get a nice fine mist through your nozzles when you gently push cleaning fluid through the head. almost all of my clogs where in the top of the head. the nozzles rarely clog on the r1900 head if the printer is being used.

sorry for the book, but you should be able to get your head unclogged. i have the older AnaJet and it works just fine. there are tips and tricks on these forums to get good color output. so it's up to you. sell it if you want to, but if you have demand, we can get you printing. if you truly have a lemon, you shouldn't have kept it for 2 years. you'll probably get more help around here than you will from AnaJet.

I have no idea how the tubes rotted... When I opened the box the tubes that go to the waste tank were completely deteriorated and separated from the gray tubes. The fluid was drained and the print head dried out. Anajet complained when I asked them to send me new tubes even after I sent them photos. the next few months the printer was clogged all the time and I had to send it back to Anajet and the charged me for a new print head. they also sent me back the printer with the waste tank stopper missing (waste tank also doesn't work) When I bought the machine I explained to them my situation, I am not a full time printer. My fiance paints motorcycles and we wanted the machine to print his artwork onto shirts and sell them as a side thing. They said it was perfectly fine if we don't use the machine every day which was a total lie! I cant stand babysitting this machine, so many hours wasted maintaining it to get sub par prints.

BTW I tried your suggestion earlier today and I think that is what totally messed up the machine. I also took the print head out and soaked just the plate part in cleaning solution for hours and when I put everything back together the machine will not get out of system maintenance mode and all 8 lights on top of the machine stay on so there might be a problem there. ughhhh this machine has caused me nothing but grief!

Thanks for your advice though...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.