T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone link me to any info regarding Animie. My daughter and her friends have a club with a lot of characters and art that they have invented and drawn themselves. I want to make sure its OK to print on shirts and sell them.
It seems very confusing even down to the 2 different spellings anime/animie

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What if they turn out to be too similar to an existing character? I just want to make sure before I make any type of commitment to this. Are their really 2 different spellings of this anime/animie as in cartoon/cartoon network?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These kids told me that if it has been purchchased/imported to the US for distribution, then it is copyrited. If not it is not. Somehow this does'nt sound right. Afterall we are a nation that respects international copyrite.
Is that true?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I guess thats my point. I don't want to do anything illegal. I also don't want these kids to get in trouble for having possesion of copied anime materials they are not supposed to have. They are some very "enterprising" kids. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks so much, I'm going to show this to them, and ask them again if they really invented and drew these charactors. They somehow look to professional to me. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.