T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
IT KEEPS BUGGIN ME, but i am not in the mode to waste money on trying out the 25 layer of screens for one pic :( . Me and my partners are looking around for a "better and coast friendly" way to make are shirt look like these

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/ragmac/Lines.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/ragmac/flower.jpg

then the ones we have "PLAIN and boreing" but still "beautiful" i might add

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/ragmac/719572472_l.jpg

what im realy askin is .....
SHOW ME A good way to get photos with full color and look just as good as a print screen shirt

·
Registered
382 Posts
Plastisol transfers as Rodney said would be your best bet other than screen printing. Any other type of transfer isn't going to look as good, at least in my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i don't think there would be a need for 4 color process or even a plastisol transfer. those images look like 1 to 3 solid color vector artwork.

that top one looks like maroon, white and black
the second one looks like orange with a white overprint

·
Registered
12 Posts
well i would suggest screen printing, for artwork like linked above, you would need 3 screens the most. thats cheaper than running it four color process CMYK rather than 2 or 3 pms matches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree that the designs shown are not process colors but spot color screen prints.. The first one appears to be a 4-color and the second image is a 3-color spot.

The most cost effective way to print them would be heat transfers. The second most would be screened transfers, but if you're screening transfers, why not just screen the shirts?

just My .02

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN :( the vetor stuff lmao..... im lazey lmao and like i said dont want to waste time and GOOD MONEY FOR 29 SCREENS AND THEN DIF paint ughh this suck thanks for all the ill look up the forums for more info.But please slide me some more way to do them type of shirts :D

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
How would you use 29 screens? Those shirts you linked are 1 -3 spot colour (so one to three screens).

Even process colour would only be 4-8 screens (in that you can recreate photorealistic/multi hued shirts).

Screenprinting or Plastisol trasfers (screenprinting once removed) are how those shirts are made, and they only way to make them look like that.

You could heatpress or DTG, but I doubt those designs would look very good.

I think your aversion to screenprinting is because you have an unrealistic idea of the cost....you will not be making 29 screens....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why not consider digital heat transfers. They are inexpensive and you can get an opaque paper printed with the exact colors you want. The colors are limitless and you can have all the colors matched so that the shirt comes out as bright as you want. Also it's a lot more cost effective then sublimation. Plus you don't pay any screen fees. Just a rip fee.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
The examples he gave would be a nightmare for transfers, other than plastisol....unless you love your craft knife.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts