T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I search for blank tee's to get started for my heat press transfers I noticed there are a ton of different shirts.

Some are 100% cotton while others are 50/50. Yet some t shirts are 6 oz.
What are the advantages of going with 100% cotton over 50/50?
Why would I choose a 6oz shirt over a 4oz shirt?
Does a heavier shirt just have a nicer feel to it and last longer through multiple machine washes?

I am totally new to this stuff and starting from the ground up and I appreciate any help with this. Everyone has been extremely helpful and kind here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you that helped. In my search it appears it can go either way with cotton or 50/50. I will probably buy 5 of each shirt just to see how they each wear, feel, and decide from there. I am doing this for fun and not as a business.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just curiosity I guess. T shirts will be something my son and will do for fun. Well he can design and I will operate the heat press.

My dad has been hinting he wants his 69 z28 camaro on a t shirt for when he goes to shows and car cruises. So I should keep plenty busy.
I personally like a heavier shirt but they don't breath too well here in the summer, especially with all the outdoor activities I do.

I will take your suggestion and check the tags on my shirts. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.