T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have answered this question before so I just copied it from a earlier post.

I bought a used Sprint in feb. 2012. However, I was in contact with the seller and he said it was coming from the anajet factory after getting a new printhead and control panel. So I then called anajet and made sure this was fact. It was true.

I am happy with my purchase and had very little problems with learning the manual pretreat method. I think I only wasted 12 shirts learning to pretreat.

Now, I have to caution you. I only bought used because I knew the condition of everything. Anajet had went over every part of the machine before it left their factory and came to me. I also have been in the printing industry (wide format not DTG) for years. I have replaced print heads, dampers, motors, even mainboards in printers so I am comfortable in getting into a machine and fixing problems myself. If I did not have this background in printing again I would have not bought used.

I said all of this not to pat myself on the back but to tell people that DTG is possible to get into if you have the right skill set for it.

If you are going to buy the printer make sure to see it run. I would want to see it run white and cmyk for at least an hour to make sure you are loosing nozzles over printing time. Make sure you watch it do a printhead clean, start up and shut down functions. Cover the printer with a fine tooth comb (not literally) and if you have any mixed feeling don't buy it.

Some people buy DTG machines and don't understand the time and how much work to have to do to build a business so they sell their equipment to get out just as fast as they bought in. When this happens some people can get good deals on good equipment. Most of the time this is not the case. Most of the time you are just buying someone elses headache.

Make sure you are not buying someones headache.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.