T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the MP10 and MP5 from anajet. They sent me samples of tshirts that the machines had supposedly produced and said they were easy to use. I had great customer service during the buying period, but when I went to pay there was a mix-up in the finance department there and they messed up my ACH and I ended up having to pay over $2000 additional for shipping because I needed it by a certain date. On top of this, I received the machines and set them up. I started printing on them and the white wouldn't print properly, it was faded and lacked luster. I contacted the company and they stated that I hadn't pretreated my items properly. So I pre-treated all the garments again and still didn't have a clean white print. During this time my nozzle checks never came out right for the white. They would be scattered or not even print at all, even after daily maintenance, nozzle wipes and cleaning. I ended up wasting 2 sets of ink within 3 days and I hadn't even printed 100 shirts yet! I contacted the company again and they stated that it was something I basically was doing and that they would give me a 20% discount on white ink. This was in late March when I first received the machines. Since then I've had non-stop issues with my printers, including the white, which has never printed right or at the quality they state. I've tried all ways to maintain the machine and fix the problem, including doing a full clean with the fluid even though I hadn't even been running the machine for 3 months. I've contacted the company multiple times, asking for my ink to be replaced due to the printers not printing right, as well as asking at one point to send out a technician to Canada to look at my printers and see what is wrong since it's CLEARLY the print lines and not me who is causing the problem, but they stated that I would have to pay someone to come out EVEN though I supposedly have a 1 year warranty on both machines. I've sent pictures to the tech part of the company to help me with my issue, including contact all this week and they haven't emailed me back a reply to help me. I've wasted countless amounts of ink and wrecked multiple garments due to the errors and issues with my machine. The color isn't bright like it should be and looks faded when it is printed. Considering I paid over $45,000 in total including shipping and what not, not including the extra ink I've since purchased and multiple sets of garments I've had to purchase, including accounts I've lost because my printers are NOT and HAVE NOT printed properly since I got them, they should send someone to fix my printers and see what is causing the issue.

Of course the customer service was great WHILE I was in the buying process but once they received my money I haven't received the 100% quality customer service I should be considering the money I spent buying two of these machines. Instead they just keep telling me things to do that I've already done instead of really helping me with my problem.

I would NOT recommend purchasing these printers if you need to do colored shirts, simply because they do not print right. And they are a waste of money since customers don't want you to ONLY print on white garments. Also, if you want to print on polyester or a cotton blend with polyester you need a special pre-treatment. The amount of ink your machine wastes and the issue it will have from the beginning are not worth the headache! Because the company doesn't care.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've gone through many of the same problems as you have. A lot of the issues and solutions I've had to figure out myself. While I've gotten some good advise from Anajet techs, I too wish they'd have a mobile team that could come to you. I'm in Kansas and to ship my machine back and forth is not only costly, but puts me out for at least a month and a half.

The most important thing about these machines is maintenance, maintenance, maintenance. I've moved mine to several different rooms to find the right environment for it. Humidity is a major factor when it comes to getting the white to come out smoothly. They say 45% to 65% is best. I've found mine does best around 70%. It's also very important to flush the lines with the cleaning solution every 3 months. It cleans the lines of anything dried up and keeps it all moving smoothly. I also have to keep mine printing. Days where I'm caught up on orders I go ahead and print several shirts. Be it samples to display or just learning new techniques.

Definitely frustrating when you've only had yours for such a short time. I can understand that. The first few months of having mine was a headache for sure. The machines are definitely not fool-proof. There are things that need improvements within the machine as well as how they deal with their customers.

Give yourself time to learn your machine and find the right humidity. Playing around with different contrast, brightness and saturation levels within the AnaRIP has given me better results in terms of how my prints look. Also there are different pretreatments out there besides Anajets. I've found Image Armour has done a better job giving me better results.

Good luck!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hello Hannah,

I'm sorry that you are having some trouble with your printer. I have a few questions to ask you in order for me to better assist you.

You didnt mention it so I need to ask whether or not you went to training. If you haven't, I highly do suggest it as it is completely hands on and it goes through all printer maintenance, software, and printing.

Also, I checked your account history on our CRM system and it shows you've called tech support twice. One for white issues and the other because it was laying too much white when you tried printing on the fine wide setting.

I've never ever had to use fine wide as my white setting and you shouldnt need to use it either. To get a good white nozzle check, the few steps you need to do is to first make sure the lines are not settled. do a 20 second purge fill on the lines if you need to. afterwards, a light clean all and then clean whites only should do the trick.

The photos you mentioned that you sent to tech support, i would love to see them. I am not a member of the tech support department. so i do not recieve tech1's emails... however i do provide technical support at trade shows across the US as well as supervising the team who prints all the samples... and I do monitor the forums as much as possible.

Please email them to me at [email protected]
(even though Gabe from tech support did email you to do a welfare check.)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
One problem with these printers is the poor design on the maintenance station. The pump motor is weak and does not properly suck the ink through the heads which results in the user having to do multiple head cleanings and wasting precious ink in the process. Parts are ridiculously expensive as well compared to an Epson based dtg. Also poor customer service. The sales people must have some charm.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
This is NOT a toy and is a machine AND should be setup by a technician. This is NON NEGOTIABLE part of selling a machine. There are machines WAY LESS expensive and setup is part of the deal.

Here's a simple business model:
1. Be picky with who you sell too
2. Train the person well and setup the machine
3. Make sure that they understand the machine and the mechanics
4. Keep their machine up and running so you can keep their ink business
5. Keep their machine up and running so you can keep their ink business

Makes sense to me

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought an mP5i in December and have had all the same issues you have had. I have yet to make any money and just ordered my third set of ink cartridges. Most of my prints look very dull, white or dark shirts. It has been a very frustrating experience. I had really high hopes for this machine and up to now have been very disappointed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've actually been contacting Ray Larason via email quite frequently and that is why there is a lack of documentation in your system. I emailed him this week with the pictures he requested and I received an email stating someone would call me and that has not happened. Ultimately these machines haven't worked right since I got them. In order to have a clear white ink print I've had to double my white layers and then put the color onto them. and even then the print is faded. You can email me at [email protected] and I will email the pictures to you.

·
Registered
722 Posts
What I want to know is why would any company sell a machine and not give free training or include it in the price? This is NOT a toy and is a machine AND should be setup by a technician. This is NON NEGOTIABLE part of selling a machine. There are machines WAY LESS expensive and setup is part of the deal.

Here's a simple business model:
1. Be picky with who you sell too
2. Train the person well and setup the machine
3. Make sure that they understand the machine and the mechanics
4. Keep their machine up and running so you can keep their ink business
5. Keep their machine up and running so you can keep their ink business

Makes sense to me

Training IS FREE. Yes you do have to make a trip out to California. Do NOT assume that we do not offer free training. Although we highly suggest that all customers should come to training BEFORE putting ink into their printer... Some cannot make the trip so we offer AnaJet University in a condensed 2 hour video online FOR FREE.

As for installation... We advise all customers to call Tech Support as soon as they receive the machine (there is even a flyer on the printer when you open it stating this) so that they will be walked through the start up fill procedure and our tech's stay on the line until the point they receive a perfect nozzle check.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I bought an mP5i in December and have had all the same issues you have had. I have yet to make any money and just ordered my third set of ink cartridges. Most of my prints look very dull, white or dark shirts. It has been a very frustrating experience. I had really high hopes for this machine and up to now have been very disappointed.
if your prints using white ink look dull but you have a perfect nozzle check, it is very likely it is the way you are pretreating. Call tech support and ask them to send you a few shirts our samples team pre treated so that you can see if their is a difference.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Training IS FREE. Yes you do have to make a trip out to California. Do NOT assume that we do not offer free training. Although we highly suggest that all customers should come to training BEFORE putting ink into their printer... Some cannot make the trip so we offer AnaJet University in a condensed 2 hour video online FOR FREE.

As for installation... We advise all customers to call Tech Support as soon as they receive the machine (there is even a flyer on the printer when you open it stating this) so that they will be walked through the start up fill procedure and our tech's stay on the line until the point they receive a perfect nozzle check.
Ok you might be right on one point but you have to admit I'm right on the other, no? All the other companies have techs setup machines, especially a high price tag. Training should be done after setup is complete at the customers shop. When I bought my first DTG I did training before the machine got to me and after.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The 8 hour training class gets you started, but not nearly enough to get you through issues. Classes should be at least 40hrs. The Mpowers take a good bit of knowledge to get them operating properly. Once you know how to run them, they are work horses and they love to run. You need a few days on just how to run great prints with the different settings and you need at least 2 full days on troubleshooting any issues that may arise.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
By the way I was told by a few of your customers, so don't know if what they were saying was true about the training. If I'm wrong then I apologize and don't think I'm against you. I've actually sent quite a few people your way to purchase the MP10. About 5 successful purchases. Things just kind of hit home because my first machine never worked from the day I opened it up from the crate. Yes it makes sense to make a trip out to the company to get trained. I had to do it so should everyone else.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Ok you might be right on one point but you have to admit I'm right on the other, no? All the other companies have techs setup machines, especially a high price tag. Training should be done after setup is complete at the customers shop. When I bought my first DTG I did training before the machine got to me and after.
Other then putting filling the print and purge lines. There isnt any other set up. It's literally: opening the box, getting 2 or 3 people to lift the printer onto the table, open the hood, remove two brackets that lock the print head and table platen. Plug in and switch on the printer. At this point you would call tech support. Go through the ink fills. get a good nozzle check... then go. No "actual" set up ...

I think this is a good time to go through my background. Before i started working at AnaJet.. My father and his business partner purchased a T-Jet Jumbo2... When it first came out. We recieved the printer.. set it up ourselves. By then my dad was being cheap so he decided to just have me watch a "TRULY" worthless training video that didnt teach me crap on how configure the artwork to print content based white underbase on the printer. Took me two weeks to figure it out. LOL. Working with that printer... was ... interesting. Because of all this, I really do sympathize with customers because I was one too.

So YES i REALLY DO understand the importance of training...
And as someone with over 7 years of experience with in the DTG industry and working with more then a few different types of printers, in my opinion, the mPower's and even SPRINT really doesnt need someone to come and install it for you in person.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Wow Deana I have a new respect for you. If you wouldn't have said anything I wouldn't have known. I bought a T Jet Blazer Pro and there were so many grounding wire issues that it blew out all of my boards from the start. I agree with MP5 hacker though, the MP5 machine is a beast and should be a few days of training. I did a good deal of training and still wasn't enough in the beginning

·
Registered
722 Posts
I was a nice guy and even edited my post. Thanks MP5hacker for clearing that up and MZDEELO. I want Anajet to be successful, I'm just consumers advocate sometimes
I hope I'm not coming off as brash either. I've been working with these printers for almost three years. Through all the revisions. I helped with the testing and yes the printer had its major quirks the first year, but even so, i was still able to get the printers to print out sales samples everyday. All but one of the printers in the training room are original printers (with upgrades). They get abused all the time and still they run every week to do sample production and they are the same printers used for training every Friday.

I am a customer advocate within AnaJet. LOL. It's not my job to do Tech Support calls but when I do meet someone at a trade show or if i see someone on the forums I know i can help, I take it upon myself to contact them and try to help them out as much as possible.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wow Deana I have a new respect for you. If you wouldn't have said anything I wouldn't have known. I bought a T Jet Blazer Pro and there were so many grounding wire issues that it blew out all of my boards from the start. I agree with MP5 hacker though, the MP5 machine is a beast and should be a few days of training. I did a good deal of training and still wasn't enough in the beginning
I have been rallying for a "Advanced Training" here at AnaJet. Troubleshooting .. etc. More then just the basic maintenance.

We are actually launching our new website today. (as long as our servers dont blow up lol) In the tech support section we are releasing the complete Service Manual and all TD&R's .

and as for T-Jet... HAH. When i think about it... worst registration problems EVERRRR... and man, for a 24x50 sized table... the dampers were tiny! i had to keep pressing the head clean button after every shirt. So much for printing 6 shirts and watching tv until it finishes... 30 minutes later. lol

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.