T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I felt the same way you do until I got my printing process under control. First of all the type of tshirt you use does matter! Use only the hanes beefy t or the Haines new ultra thin Port Authority private labels these. This will give you an extreemly smooth printing surface so that you don't have to blast the tshirt with white ink to get decent coverage. Next for your white ink use light 1 or 2 and set the quality to fine or super fine. If you have been using the recommended Medium 3 and fine to get decent white coverage you are actually using roughly 36X2 (72) picoliters per shot while light 2 at superfine is 12X4 or only 48 picoliters per shot. The coverage on a good shirt surface in superfine is phenomenal and on my most recently printed design The Mad Tea Party sold by Northern Sun I use roughly 1.2 grams of ink per shirt which when converted to a cost figure is 1.2 X 1.00 (I am using a very high conversion number here the real number is lower but this way I sort of fudge for hidden costs) or 1.20 for the ink per design which I think is totally reasonable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.