T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a Anajet Fp-125 for 2,500 The most I will offer 2,000 and the seller seams interested. This will be my stepping stone for DTG world. Now my question is if it?s still worth it now in 2017. Considering the ridiculous low price(as so I feel). It includes software, power cord, ink, cleaning solution, cleaning swabs and both the ink lines and dampers were just replaced. It?s posted as in in great working condition. He?s open to producing test prints for when I go see it. Should I take the leap or what I should I look out for? My market isn?t to crazy with high detailed artwork, I would need to be able to print on dark shirts though. Any feedback is greatly appreciated it, thank you all!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I first considered dtg is exactly what I was told, to stay completely away from Anajet. I guess the low price is why I tried justifying the purchase. But I appreciate the reminder of how unreliable Anajet can be.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate asking the ?what?s the lowest price dtg printer? since I?m aware different variables that come into play when purchasing and accommodating your market. Yet do you have any recommendations that I can use to began? I?ve also been offered a flexi-jet for 2,000 with everything working properly currently cmyk on all 8 cartiradges so I can slowly ease into white in the future. Is that another wasteful machine in your opinion?

· Registered
630 Posts
I came across a Anajet Fp-125 for 2,500 The most I will offer 2,000 and the seller seams interested. This will be my stepping stone for DTG world. Now my question is if it?s still worth it now in 2017. Considering the ridiculous low price(as so I feel). It includes software, power cord, ink, cleaning solution, cleaning swabs and both the ink lines and dampers were just replaced. It?s posted as in in great working condition. He?s open to producing test prints for when I go see it. Should I take the leap or what I should I look out for? My market isn?t to crazy with high detailed artwork, I would need to be able to print on dark shirts though. Any feedback is greatly appreciated it, thank you all!
NO the printer is too old and you will spend more on repairing it that you will make from printing with it.

· Registered
537 Posts
We have an anajet sprint and it works great! Parts are cheap and readily available. They are high maintenance especially with white ink. As with any dtg, you need to keep them going. If you will be printing a shirt every now and then don't bother with any dtg. If you are looking at using constantly then dtg is a good way to go. Plan to spend at least an hour a week for maintenance. The other thing to keep in mind with any dtg is humidity in the air. If too dry or too humid you will have issues.

We keep parts in stock - just in case. Stuff like ink lines, dampers, wipers and such are a must stock or you risk having your machine off line for a few days waiting for parts. Like I said, parts are cheap. There are a lot of suppliers on line.

· Registered
35 Posts
I usually say that a used DTG printer is more like a delivery van once owned by UPS. You know it has some serious miles on it and has been worked overtime. You have no idea if proper maintenance was done throughout its life and you can never quite tell what might go awry.

· Registered
35 Posts
I hate asking the ?what?s the lowest price dtg printer? since I?m aware different variables that come into play when purchasing and accommodating your market. Yet do you have any recommendations that I can use to began? I?ve also been offered a flexi-jet for 2,000 with everything working properly currently cmyk on all 8 cartiradges so I can slowly ease into white in the future. Is that another wasteful machine in your opinion?
A Freejet 330TX.

https://vimeo.com/106190419

· Registered
54 Posts
I have been using an FP125 since 2009! Just like any of those out there it
requires continues maintenance. I printed a lot of cotton and am now concentrating on Poly shirts. I use the Image Armor inks and pretreat. This machine does it all. For the $2g's, it's a good place to get started. Have fun, learn everything you can before you spend $20g's. Stay away form the other AnaJet machines, read this blog....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.