T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the latest updates to CorelDRAW.*
But after updates I cannot open one very important file.It has a CDR extension. I click the file to open, the following message came: 'An invalid fill ID.'
Any solution for this issue?

· Registered
622 Posts
You might have a file looking for a color pallet you don't have installed. If it is a new installation of Draw, maybe you can find the pallet in the old installation directory and move it over.

Sometimes this happens when a file is saved to a previous version. Maybe you could try another version of Draw to open it.

You could try to open in Inkscape and export it as something Draw will see.

You could post a link to the file here and folks can try it on their systems.

· Registered
1 Posts
1) Open the file again in CorelDRAW. (The 'File contains an Invalid Outline ID or Invalid Fill ID' error appears.)
2) Click 'Ignore'.
3) Select the 'Layout' menu and select 'Color Styles...'. (The 'Styles' dialog box appears.)
4) Click the 'Colors' tab.
5) Right-click on the first color style that appears and select 'Delete' from the pop-up menu that appears.
6) Repeat step
7) Close the 'Styles' dialog box.
8) Select the 'File' menu and select 'Save'. (The next time this file is opened, the error message will not appear.)
For better suggestion on issues related with CorelDraw recovery you can find here: http://www.coreldraw.repair/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.