T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I moved this thread out of the forums.

The T-shirt Forums tries to avoid overt religion or politics in order to help maintain a friendly atmosphere amongst a large group with a wide variety of beliefs. At a time like this where emotions are running hot, it is more important than ever that we keep those rules in mind. We want all members to feel comfortable being here.

It is understandable that exceptions will be made as all kinds of feelings and beliefs overflow into memorial threads, but it would be best for the community as a whole if those were contained to a small selection of threads people can choose whether or not to participate in.

In times of stress it is incumbent on us to be even more patient to the fact that not all beliefs are universal. I'm sure there can be a balance between people having the opportunity to express themselves in a way that is integral to their nature, and still maintains respect for the differing views of those around them.

For that reason, I think it's best to avoid religious or political content that isn't directly related to JB's passing - and even then to post with sensitivity to the many different readers who may be participating in this forum beyond his immediate circle of friends. It is this atmosphere of tolerance that has built a community that allowed people to become so close in the first place. It would be a further tragedy if the reactions and arguments that could potentially follow were what caused more pain.

I hope you can understand the reasoning behind this decision. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Thanks,
Lewis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts