T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an attempt to keep some products "green" what is the best inks to use that leave a lasting long wear appearance after washes?

If acrylics, what is the best medium to add to them that will help them last? Is there a "green" medium to add? I thought I had found one the other day, but the computer I was using died, and I can't that medium now.

I know this is in the screen printing area, which is my main concern, but are there also environmentally friendly transfers for poly or even poly/cotton blends?

Yes, I understand the "green" is kind-of counter productive when then talking polyesters and such, but non of outdoor people want in cotton, so it is what it is. Add in some of those clothing pieces that have recycled plastic bottles mixed in the polyester and then maybe I've got something. :D

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
96 views, but nothing to add? Please, my intelligent, and experienced comrads. Can anyone help out with the questions or post some recent links for me to review.

Seems in my searches, I end up in older threads, and I know there has to be more recent applications that are more "green" with the way things seem to be moving in this field.

· Registered
2,013 Posts
Just use sublimation inks on polyester. They never fade.

Screen print inks depend where you are in the world for green inks. Waterbased is the traditional green ink, but if the water treatment is not thorough or you are on septic, then the molecules can be too small to remove or aren't removed before waste returns to the water table. In that case, plastisol could be considered a greener ink.

So it depends

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.