T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received our brand new American Specialty Tool heat press machine today only to find the instructions are WRONG! The images and instructions don't even come close to what my machine is - for example, the instructions claim to have an "OK" button - mine has 3 buttons: SET (blue) AT (orange) and TIME (orange). There's also a faranheit option in the instructions and my machine only has celsius. This is our first heat press machine and we were so excited to get it up and going, and we're really discouraged that we can't figure it out!!! Someone, please HELP!!! I can't find anything online for user's manuals or any forums relating to my problem - does anyone know where to find the RIGHT instructions?!?!

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I would recommend call them for the manual and help. Also, this press is advertised as a 'sublimation' heat press and may not provide enough pressure to apply plastisol transfers.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Sounds like you bought a Chinese Machine. Some are really good. However, the name implies it's an american heat press.

Even though some of the Chinese heat presses are really good, many aren't. Also many come with bad or terrible instructions. Just like what you have.

They're not hard to figure out though. You can either call them or goole the brand name and find a manual online.

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
I tried a google search for a manual...had no luck. It is either an eBay press or from Amazon and it certainly is a Chinese press and parts/support will be hard to come by...you might try press the AT button and see if you can change the temp...or time...in the mean time....you can convert you desired temp to Celsius...there are conversion site online

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your responses! "proworlded" - they didn't have a phone number or website, but I didn't know it was advertised as a "sublimation" press, I'll have to look into that for sure, thank you! "charles95405" - thank you for actually Google'ing it, that was my problem to...it's almost as though "American Specialty Tool" doesn't exist! We did, in fact, buy it off eBay, and the instructions are obviously put together by Asians, you're good! We found a converter for Farenheit to Celsius (thankfully) and were able to figure out the controls, but it took some trial and error! We finally got to do some shirts and it boosted our egos a bit to know we could figure it out :) Thanks again for your help guys!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello folks,
My name is Jack and I am new to the forums and to the business of sublimation and heat transferring. I purchased a 5 in 1 multi-press 'used' from an individual and have gone thru much of the same things you have here. I have found some information about the company that makes these presses. I will provide a series of links below to the sites (some with videos) that may help to answer some questions as they have for me.

The Company which makes these machines is:

FUZHOU LICHANG INDUSTRY&TRADE CO.,LTD
Address: 10# building,taijiang park of juyuan
industrial district, Fuzhou,Fujian,China
¸£ÖÝÌÌ»*»ú³§¼Ò|ȪÖÝÈÈתӡÉ豸|ÆÎÌïѹÌÌ»ú|¿¾±*»ú¼Û¸ñ|heat press machine|heat transfer Machine |sublimation products

This link will take you to the company's page for one of their 5 in 1 devices. At the bottom there is a video with real loud music and subtitles (if you choose english), but I believe there is good information in there. You can stop video and view the buttons they are calling the 'ok' button and the sequence for getting proper function.

5in1 Page w/video
Combo HP5IN1(29X38CM)-Fuzhou Lichang Industry & Trade Co., Ltd.

Poc listed on the site:

Contact person : Frank Liu
Email : frank@heatpress.com.cn
Msn: [email protected]
Tel/fax: 0086-591-83952222 /8399 3333 (English line)
Mobile :0086-15960063312
¸£ÖÝÌÌ»*»ú³§¼Ò|ȪÖÝÈÈתӡÉ豸|ÆÎÌïѹÌÌ»ú|¿¾±*»ú¼Û¸ñ|heat press machine|heat transfer Machine |sublimation products

Remember this is in China.

They appear to have replacement parts for the presses but I have not tried to contact them to try and purchase any yet.

Good luck with the info, I hope it helps.

Jack

PS I will put these items of info for the search engine. American Specialty Tool, Sublimation Multipress 5 in 1, model pro5500x.

PSS These appear to be marketed under a different name now. MTN Gearsmith. They show the Combo HP 5in1 press.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Mtn Gearsmith 16x20 Digital Clamshell Sublimation Heat Press off Ebay. I cannot get this machine to press anything correctly. I cannot find a website or phone # for them either and no help from the company I bought if from on Ebay. Has anyone use this machine? I am at my wits end trying to get this to press my vinyl to my tshirts. I have tried different settings and everything, but nothing is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I set it at the recommended setting the vinyl is not adhering to the fabric. If I increase the setting then it is almost melting the plastic cover on the viny. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I bought a Mtn Gearsmith 16x20 Digital Clamshell Sublimation Heat Press off Ebay. I cannot get this machine to press anything correctly. I cannot find a website or phone # for them either and no help from the company I bought if from on Ebay. Has anyone use this machine? I am at my wits end trying to get this to press my vinyl to my tshirts. I have tried different settings and everything, but nothing is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I set it at the recommended setting the vinyl is not adhering to the fabric. If I increase the setting then it is almost melting the plastic cover on the viny. HELP PLEASE!!!!!
What is the vinyl you are using.
is it hot peel or cold peel or warm peel.
I dont know why all these off brand is saying sublimation press, maybe cause thats what popular now. So its a selling point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am considering purchasing the same press mentioned in the original post. Mainly for the price point. I just want to make sure that these presses made by "American Specialty Tools" actually work. I have heard mixed reviews and am leaning towards the PRO-3804X made by this company simply because it received better reviews. Anyone have any experience with them and recommend anything?

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I am considering purchasing the same press mentioned in the original post. Mainly for the price point. I just want to make sure that these presses made by "American Specialty Tools" actually work. I have heard mixed reviews and am leaning towards the PRO-3804X made by this company simply because it received better reviews. Anyone have any experience with them and recommend anything?
If if you have seen "mixed reviews" I guess that means some work and some do not......Just like buying lottery tickets, not every ticket is a winner.....Good luck....

PS....I have no experience with these presses....I own 1/2 a dozen US Made Geo Knight and Hix presses....They work very well....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just received our brand new American Specialty Tool heat press machine today only to find the instructions are WRONG! The images and instructions don't even come close to what my machine is - for example, the instructions claim to have an "OK" button - mine has 3 buttons: SET (blue) AT (orange) and TIME (orange). There's also a faranheit option in the instructions and my machine only has celsius. This is our first heat press machine and we were so excited to get it up and going, and we're really discouraged that we can't figure it out!!! Someone, please HELP!!! I can't find anything online for user's manuals or any forums relating to my problem - does anyone know where to find the RIGHT instructions?!?!
Rachelle, did you ever figure out how to setup the timer on your heat press?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts