T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

This is my first post. I am new to the industry. We are seeking blank tshirts both men and women's and heard a lot about American Apparel. We are a partnership thus we do not have a federal or state tax id which would allow us to sign up as a wholesale buyer at AA. And you cannot see their prices without. We would rather not pay to set up a corporation just so we can see their prices.

We are looking at things like girly jersey t's, faux double layer, raglan's, men's fitted t's etc....

Advice please???

Thank you,
Andy

·
2,957 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forums!:)

You don't need to be a corp. to have a tax id#. You can get one as a partnership, if you would like/need one.

Here is a link to the irs site about how to apply for a tax id#. The easiest way is to download the form from the site. Fill it out, and call the toll-free number. When you call, just give them the info from the form that you filled out. They will issue you a tax id# right over the phone. Then you just mail in the completed form. It's really pretty simple.;)

Hope this helps you out, and welcome again!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but we already have an EIN number. When I called AA they said they could not give me wholesale prices unless I had both a Federal and State Tax ID.

?? thoughts..
Andy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps someone can tell me how much these shirts are wholesale??:

Mens:
M434

Womens:
M304

Big big thanks,
Andy

·
2,957 Posts
Oh, you said that you did not have a federal or state tax id number. EIN is a federal tax id number.

What state are you in? Unless you are in the same state as AA, they should not require you to have a state tax number(aka resale number). If you are in the same state that they are located, it is not difficult to get a resale number, either. Knowing what state you are in would allow for more help.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
You can get a sales tax number/resale permit and be a partnership. Just contact your local state board of equalization office. You don't need a corporation for that.

Unless you're going to be doing the printing yourself, you probably don't need to get their pricing list (since your printer will be able to get the wholesale pricing from AA).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts