T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in louisiana and have applied for a wholesale account with american apparel. As you know they are asking for a state resale number which I don't have. Question is does anyone know if I need one living in La and if so how do I go about getting one? Thanks.

· Premium Member
8,928 Posts
It is whatever number you use for your business, to file your business taxes. It might be called something different there but its the number the state uses to keep track of your business taxes. If you dont have this, it is doubtful they will give you an account, as they do only sell to wholesale accounts.

· Registered
1,930 Posts
I do have a tax id number ...
Do you have a state tax ID number, or federal tax ID?

The terminology can get confusing because a state tax ID is also referred to as:

Seller's permit
Wholesale license
Reseller's permit
Resale number

I have to say that LA has just about the most user-unfriendly government websites I've ever seen. :confused: It took me forever just to find a mention of what you need to conduct business.

Take a look here at GeauxBiz (navigation on left): GeauxBiz.com

GeauxBiz.com is a "licensing information center" for prospective small business owners.

· Registered
20 Posts
I am also in Louisiana and have a account w/ AA.... what they need is your Sate Business Tax ID not the Federal ID. Even if you are working/selling out of your home you have to apply w/ the state for a "occupational license" and submit taxes monthly even if you owe $0 it is quite confusing to get it all set up and I ended up hiring a CPA to do it all for me to make sure it was all set up right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.