T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
So how is it that American Apparel can sell 96 t-shirts for $17.00 and everyone else sells theirs for 2.00+ per shirt???:confused:
I believe American Apparel's price of $17 is a Retail price. If you become a distributer or purchase wholesale from American Apparel, that is not the price that you will purchase from them for.

Are you saying that there are people selling AA shirts for $2.00? Or the competitors are selling for $2.00+?

Manufacturers such as Gildan, etc are producing their shirts out of the country, where I believe AA manufacturers in the US...

Hope this sheds some light...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe American Apparel's price of $17 is a Retail price. If you become a distributer or purchase wholesale from American Apparel, that is not the price that you will purchase from them for.

Are you saying that there are people selling AA shirts for $2.00? Or the competitors are selling for $2.00+?

Manufacturers such as Gildan, etc are producing their shirts out of the country, where I believe AA manufacturers in the US...

Hope this sheds some light...
We found the $17 price under the wholesaler catalog though. So, that's a little confusing.

We are saying that other competitors are selling their own shirts for $2+.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
So how is it that American Apparel can sell 96 t-shirts for $17.00
18 cents a shirt. Yep, sounds plausible :rolleyes: You'd be lucky if they'd sell cotton off-cuts at that price.

As a rule of thumb for reading wholesalers price catalogues, almost no wholesalers give a bundled price. Other than a few small companies who are exceptions, it's always the each price. If it sounds too high to be true, it's often because you're looking at the retail price (or sometimes just because it's a premium item like bamboo).

If it seems to good to be true... it almost certainly is, and is down to the user error of misreading the pricing sheet.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Re: American Apparel vs Competitors :TRY PLAYBACK CLOTHING

American Apparel is a very socially irresponsible company. The sustainable apparel line is a joke. I really feel like we should really stop promoting or giving media to this company. I would try PlayBack Clothing if you need something different. This company has tees made out of recycled fabrications and plastic bottles. They are a very ethical company and have a great sales team. The best contact at PLAYBACK is the sales manager Ambriel. She can help you with the whole process and has been in the tee business for a long time.
Ya okay... i don't think i would wear a t-shirt made out of a plastic bottle. Especially now during summer, THAT'S crazy! :D

I actually went to AA's factory plant last week and loved what i seen. I will however continue buying from them no matter what they say. I love the shirts... :D

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Alternative Apparel
Alternative Apparel aren't 100% US manufacture. Great product, and I believe some of their range is made in the US, but some of it definitely isn't (I'd have to dig through to check what's what, but I know at least some stuff is labelled Made in Peru).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts