T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one to use.....I see that AA is more expensive but is by far the better shirt in most cases. Is this how all feel?

Also, I see the wholesale prices that AA has on there website but is there any bend or negotiation room with them?

Any and all information or answers are greatly appreciated

Obviously like most I am searching for high quality for the best pricing. Please help and guide.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anvil is the best
Is that your business(tshirtsoman)?
Why Anvil over AA....have you used both?
Also, what means of printing do you use? Screen or Digital?

Just trying to startup a little business and am looking for some answers please.

The way I look at it from readings and a little common sense is that it seems most of Anvils stuff is pre washed/shrunk and AA already seems like it goes a little slim in all aspects. To me most customers would rather have a little extra room than not enough.

· Registered
782 Posts
Which one to use.....I see that AA is more expensive but is by far the better shirt in most cases. Is this how all feel?

Also, I see the wholesale prices that AA has on there website but is there any bend or negotiation room with them?

Any and all information or answers are greatly appreciated

Obviously like most I am searching for high quality for the best pricing. Please help and guide.
I don't know about wiggle room, but I t'hot I heard in the news, they are struggling financially and have received warnings of being de-listed by the NYSE. They continue to report loses. No doubt they have a great product. We'll see how it plays out.

CalhTech>

· Registered
8 Posts
We have used Anvil over AA, unless a client specifically requests AA... we find Anvil is very durable and for most jobs, unless they are, again, specifically for a 'luxury' line or specific event and AA is requested, NEVER had an issue with printing on Anvil... for pricing and the majority of clients, Anvil serves the market very well...also, AA has a lot more voids in all areas than Anvil...Anvil is more consistent...in our experience..

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have used Anvil over AA, unless a client specifically requests AA... we find Anvil is very durable and for most jobs, unless they are, again, specifically for a 'luxury' line or specific event and AA is requested, NEVER had an issue with printing on Anvil... for pricing and the majority of clients, Anvil serves the market very well...also, AA has a lot more voids in all areas than Anvil...Anvil is more consistent...in our experience..
I like the anvil better too but do you find your clients or anyone caring more about the made in the USA or do you think we are past that whole thing. I read somewhere that when woot shirts changed over from aa to anvil a ton of the customers boycotted soley for the usa purpose. I honestly care a little but if I could buy anvil for $3 cheaper a shirt I will.
Also I can't stand AAs Vneck tees. There standard one is way too deep i would hate to see there deep one.
I also guess that if I start with Anvil nobody could blame or care to blame me as much for not using an american in house made company.

· Registered
8 Posts
We get asked every now and then about 'made in USA', but most people recognize the fact that most brand named tees are manufactured offshore....not an issue as to making any sales ever.. Having a background in the apparel manufacturing arena, I have found many construction issues with AA... I have had clients order AA and had problems with sizing, tried Anvil and told me never to mention AA again...!!!!

· Registered
143 Posts
My customers who've requested AA are more about "brand" and not that it's made in the USA. They're willing to pay the higher price. Or should I say they are willing for thier parents to pay the higher price as the only ones I've ever had request that brand are high school groups. I just made a t-shirt quilt from a gals college sorority t-shirts and they were all AA. So it depends on your target market. If they're 25 and up then I'd go with Anvil to make a more price friendly shirt for my customers. If you're going for the 16-25 crowd that cares about brand name I'd go for the AA.

To me the AA shirts are definitely softer, but many are thinner too. Again ok with the skinny teens, not as ok with the adults who have a few lbs to lose. The Anvil fashion fit t (they've just changed the name) to me is very similar to the AA shirts though, it's softer than many t's and comes in a few heathered colors that are the softest shirts I've ever used.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.