T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your experiences with American Apparel's MENS T-shirt quality?

I initially thought that the 5.4oz fitted T-shirt was a great blank for my designs, but after wearing one of my samples I noticed that the fit instantly stretched out, leaving the collar, arms and back, loose and hangy. This shirt doesn't retain it's fit very well.

I will have to re-evaluate which blanks I'll be using.

Now I see why Threadless stopped using this T-shirt for their designs.

Does anyone know which company DIESEL uses for it's T-shirts? The fit, quality and feel, of those are stellar.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
I have a few americanapparel shirts (even a couple from the threadless premium line) and it seems to fit just fine before and after wash/wearing.

I actually like the fit of the XXL style 2001. I like some other brands better, but it's generally just a matter of preference. Some people like the americanapparel brand the best.

Does anyone know which company DIESEL uses for it's T-shirts? The fit, quality and feel, of those are stellar.
Most likely they are custom made garments done at the factory level to DIESEL's specifications. When you're ordering 1000's of shirts, it's easier to get the exact blanks you want :)

Some other brands to try along those lines would be article1.net, continental clothing, royalapparel.net, theapparelagents.com, alternativeapparel.com

·
Registered
664 Posts
AA shirts SHRINK Tons.
I find it funny you pay so much for a shirt that shrink so much.
Screenprinters be aware, Images that cover a lot of area with plastisol look funny after someone shrinks the shirt.
Oh and the lines { grain?} on the 2001 are incinsistent and usualy crooked. Making it harder to line up.
Word up!

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Screenprinters be aware, Images that cover a lot of area with plastisol look funny after someone shrinks the shirt.
I haven't noticed that at all. I have several shirts printed on aa tees and they haven't shrank (and I don't wash them according to instructions) and the screen printed design on them hasn't warped at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had 2 batches of shirts produced; the first were port&co and they shrank; the second was AA, no shrinkage on them or on the other AA shirts I have. I wash cold/cold and dry on PP or low, unsoftened water. Did I miss anything? :D

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
GutsandGlory said:
I'm not exactly American Apparel's greatest fan :)

GutsandGlory said:
I initially thought that the 5.4oz fitted T-shirt was a great blank for my designs
5.4? Most AA shirts are 4.3 - do they do a 5.4?

·
Registered
664 Posts
YOu kno what....
Now that no one else has given any insight into the A{m}A shirts shrinking.....
I did them for a local free press news paper. They got the Free.
Would AmA Given out seconds as promo shirts?
I tell you teh shirts were a little crooked in some places, I.e teh grain of the shirt, and i did find some holy ones. Or wait... Hole-y.

Thanks1

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
ffokazak said:
YOu kno what....
Now that no one else has given any insight into the A{m}A shirts shrinking.....
I did them for a local free press news paper. They got the Free.
Would AmA Given out seconds as promo shirts?
I tell you teh shirts were a little crooked in some places, I.e teh grain of the shirt, and i did find some holy ones. Or wait... Hole-y.

Thanks1
are you talking about this American Apparel ? http://www.americanapparel.net/contact/contactCanada.html

never had problems with "aa".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts