T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am sorry if this was covered before, I searched and read a lot but I am still confused.

I want to order from AmericanApparel.com but then it said I need a Federal Tax ID #. I already have a seller's permit since I am in California. (Sole proprietor)

Is there any way to bypass this? I read somewhere Federal Tax ID is only needed if you have a partnership, LLC, or if you have employees. I am only going to sell online by myself... so should I apply for one or not? I went to http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=98011,00.html and answering 4 questions, it says I do not need to apply for one.... but americanapparel wants one from me.. so :/

I am so confused, someone help explain?
THanks!

I read alot on DBA.. what is it actually? sorry for all the questions :/.

·
Registered
996 Posts
You can use your SS number as a sole. I would call AA and ask them if they will accept this. If you get a fed tax #, you will have to file quartly tax forms.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
If you're in CA and you're ordering American Apparel, I'd highly suggest ordering through their distributors at either Sun Apparel or TSC Apparel Collection

It's much less of a hassle to get setup with an account through them and you don't have to worry about the same minimum orders (cases, dozen, piece) as when you order direct from AA.

Sun-Apparel actually has great pricing on AA blanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.