T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The American Apparel 4451 Raglan in baby blue/navy is out of stock at American Apparel. I can't find it in stock anywhere and I've called just about everyone and I've searched the web over! I found a printer called CustomInk who says they can get it from a distributor on the east coast. Who would that be? CustomInk is a printer and won't give me a wholesale price or I'd buy it from them.

I have called Alpha, Amtex, Commonwealth, Georgia Tees, Stardust, Sundog International, TSC, Friedman's, and Broder Brothers and more.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
That's a good point, maybe AmericanApparel themselves could lead you to a distributor with stock or let you know when they'll be producing more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I asked AA for info on all the distributors that sell that style and color and they believe they gave it to me. I called them all and none of them stock the item Some information is incorrect somewhere--either AA is missing a distributor or CustomInk is giving me misinformation (possibly because they're being given misinformation themselves).

So no ideas of any companies to contact?

Josh

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Sorry, if AmericanApparel is out, it's likely their distributors are out.

You may need to look for an alternative style or check with them as to when they are going to make more (or order some in bulk from them to be made).

It's likely that CustomInk may think they have some in stock with their distributor, but may not know the actual inventory status until you place your order (and they contact their guys to verify stock).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry--I'm not being clear enough here. It could indeed be that CustomInk is wrong, but I talked to two different customer service reps who put me on hold to talk to procurement people or the like and both came back saying getting me the shirts wouldn't be a problem. The one today told me that they were available in a West Coast warehouse in only one size (XL, I think) but in an East Coast warehouse they had lots of sizes. These ladies really think they can get me these things. Now maybe someone's blowing smoke, but if that's the case, those who are talking to me are being duped too.Josh

·
Registered
243 Posts
Something seems weird here. If they had them in their east coast warehouse, they would simply ship out of that location to you. Last I knew everything shipped from LA, but maybe that’s changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your help and suggestions, guys. I didn't directly ask CustomInk who their supplier is but that's because they sure didn't seem inclined to give it to me (that's not to imply that they weren't nice and helpful--they were very nice and helpful--it's just to say that they seemed to want to sell to me directly rather than have me go around them).

On the warehouse thing: CustomInk indicated that they get American Apparel stuff not only directly from AA but also from distributors and it was one of these distributors who has an East Coast warehouse.

Anyway, it turns out that after much searching in their warehouse (or something), AA looks like they'll be able to get me enough shirts to make it work for me. So hopefully that will be true and this story will have a happy ending!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts