T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just after finding out whether anyone here has ever bought one of these heat presses?

It seems there is a good few on Amazon which are built on the same sort of foundations.

Just want to know if they get positive heat test reports on all areas of the press if so.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Well, Alex, it looks like you're not in the US. If you were, I would recommend the $99 TransPro from ProWorld. It's actually $299, but when you buy $399 of materials you get it for $99. And you get customer support that you will not get with the el cheapos that you get on Amazon.

Try looking into ProWorld and see if they sell in your area. It will be less of a gamble.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
"do you feel lucky, punk?" dirty harry (aka clint eastwood)

those are a gamble,
maybe ok, likely an expensive lesson/boat anchor

·
Registered
190 Posts
More then likely be good enough to get you going, you could be unlucky and buy a dud but if you are on a low budget then what choice do you have. I doubt anyone's ever done a heat test with one because the people buying these probably don't have the money for a heat gun.

I started with something similar and it was fine and paid for itself in no time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why not purchase a used American knight, Hix or Hotronic. Most of these work for years without repair. My
Knight has been around since my start in 1999. Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts