T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, we have had the Anajet Sprint for about 1 year. We have struggled with getting what we think are really good looking prints and good white on 100% cotton shirts. We visited Image Armor to test the product before purchasing. As many of you know, and what we have learned in the past year, many vendors out there will tell you anything you want to hear. Brian, owner of Image Armor, met with us and printed several of our images and his images to prove how AWESOME the product performs. We are amazed at the crispness of our blacks and the brightness of all the colors. We will happily treat every shirt, light, dark, or poly with Image Armor to get these types of results. The bonus is we can now print on 50/50 and save some money on some of the better looking styles.

Direct2Shirt | The On-Line Direct To Garment Printing Source

(We did not get one of the treatment machines, we will continue to use the Wagner power spray method.)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great prints.... my only issue so far was when I pretreated a colored shirt... gray, red... I'm seeing a discoloration where I pretreat. I was told to use "Light" pretreatment on a charcoal shirt, (thought it would be considered dark) and still got a stain. So I diluted with water and it seemed to help, but not sure if it will effect washability.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have not seen any of the shirts discolor. Getting in some 50/50 blends and some other colors to test further. But on our white 100% poly shirts, it is amazing looking. Shirts are in for the 5th wash and still look great.

·
Registered
58 Posts
are you heat pressing directly onto the shirt or hovering over?
Hover on colored shirts for 20+ seconds then press with paper. Direct press on black tees...

I've actually notice the stain starting immediately after pretreating. ( mainly on gray tees) Tried handheld spray bottle with less treatment too...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hover on colored shirts for 20+ seconds then press with paper. Direct press on black tees...

I've actually notice the stain starting immediately after pretreating. ( mainly on gray tees) Tried handheld spray bottle with less treatment too...
yeah ive tried many different pre treats all seem to stain some less than others, best thing that worked for me was add more water and shake well every time you pre treat because i think the pre treatment has particles that settle just a guess not 100% but so far no stains... knock on wood

·
Registered
154 Posts
We have tried and the pretreat is not compatible with the brother inks. However, we've used it on 100% white polyester drifit shirts and Image Armor is amazing. Colors are very saturated and wash testing so far shows very little if any fading. I have pretreated sport tek, cool dry and even high end nike golf polos with great success.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ken,

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit and found something to "breathe new life" into you business. It was my pleasure and is always fun to see people's reactions like yours.... have fun.

Carolina Cuts... What shirts are you pretreating where you are getting "stains"? Here's the skinny on a LOT of that and what causes it. We recommend the DARK on mid-dark colors to black and the LIGHT formula for mid-light colors to WHITE. If the shirt is "staining" or burning, it is chemicals in the shirt reacting with the pretreatment. Diluting with water may help, but will affect washability and white optical brightness. The problem is many shirts are poorly manufactured with poor water quality and chemicals used in the manufacturing process. I'm really surprised you got it with the light formula (also - make sure you only cure at 330F). The LIGHT formula I have never seen it. The DARK on lighter shirts can react with UV light eventually causing a "stain" (again - dependent upon shirt manufacturing) but have never seen it with IA LIGHT.

Anyhow, Ken - I was rather impressed with the bright green and pink polyesters you brought down. I'm really glad you are getting that type of results with your prints. Have fun!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Gildan 5.3 oz... 100% cotton.
I get great results on black tees...
But the dark charcoal gray tees get a pinkish color immediately after treating...The color remains there after hovering and curing. I posted a pic in another thread here.

·
Registered
686 Posts
If you get a pinkish color immediately after pretreating (prior to curing the pt) then there is definitely issues with the chemicals / residues / water in the shirts reacting with the pretreatment. If the LIGHT does this too then I'd definitely look for other shirt brands.

Someone had said in another forum that a while back (1 year or two) Gildan changed where/how they manufactured their shirts and they went from really good to a lot of the issues you are experiencing for those who use them for DTG printing.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Gildan is a shirt to stay away from for sure. Very inconsistent. According to a Gildan rep they had started treating the shirts to make them softer. Since then they have been very hit and miss. Even screen guys are having issues. They never were a great shirt for DTG.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
We just had a batch of shirts destroyed by image armor. I guess we're going back to Anajet's pre-treat solution.
please elaborate with your issues of "destruction". pics would be helpful as well.

i've been using IA since it came out, and have not had one single shirt ruined or destroyed. an orange shirt had a pretreat stain, but it came out in the wash.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts