T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like the first one better because the second one is too dark. I don't like web pages that have a black background. I think it's unprofessional to have a black background, especially if you have red text on a black background. That's the worst. It's harsh on the eyes.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Either one could work. I'd say the orange at the topis too brightin the first, and the pink sidebox looks pretty off. The 'enter your email' font color is way off on the 2nd, and it feels a bit too dark overall (especially the sideboxes).

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would consider keeping the purple elements from Test2 and making all the black parts the canary yellow from the first design. In other words keep everything the same but make the background yellow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As a general rule in the web design and UI world, consider the user first and foremost. If the sight of your site (little play on words) tires, annoys or distracts people, what's the point of having it? (unless you want to tire, annoy and distract)

You want people to enjoy visiting your site and find the products you are selling appealing. The site does a lot to enhance or affect the way your products are displayed and entice the user to check them out.

Look at cafepress.com for example, very, very simple layout and good colors with the main content background being white. This is very easy on the eyes and doesn't make you feel sick while looking at it. Too many variations of color or the contrast between colors can make or break a site in my opinion. The first sample is your only option if choosing between the two. Stay away from black as a background when using other colors as accents for titles and navigation. Black looks good with white or grays and that's about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.