T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given my retail experience, I am pricing the same way I've priced anything else...50% profit. So what I do is factor in all expenses except for time and double it.

For example:

Shirt $4.00
Vinyl $2.80
Poly Bag $.10
Shipping Bag $.10
Shipping $3.00

Total Cost $10

I charge $20 per shirt shipped.

Is this a good way to do it? Any Advice is appreciated.

Dave

· Registered
3,145 Posts
I'd do it for that...but check the shipping. I think you might be paying a little more than $3, especially when you include the materials.

For this kind of work I'm happy to make a few bucks for a few minutes of work....Then I include a flyer and business card with the shipment. Once in awhile someone places a large order once they're familiar with you.

· Registered
213 Posts
When I'm busy my prices go up (capitalism) if I am taking more orders then I can process I will whack my prices up the most I can get away with without getting complaints, if you charge too much people might be disappointed with the quality of the shirt, not the printing as that should be spot on.

When it is quiet like after Christmas or in the summer holidays I will drop my prices so that I still make something, the lowest I'll go is to make £3 profit per shirt, at this price I'll sell enough to make it worth getting out of bed.

· Registered
3 Posts
I agree with wonkylogoltd. If you dont have a stable high demand, then it is a good decision to change the price depending on the situation. In addition what I like to do is keep the base prices around the same area, not changing them much. But playing with the shipping price. This allows you to be more flexible.

· Registered
157 Posts
Sounds like your trying to be competitive and cutting it right on the line. It's going to be difficult to raise your prices if you start to feel its not worth it. If you are making money and happy where you stand that should be enough to answer the question. All really depends on what your printing, and your system of how fast you push product out etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.