T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I'll be buying Auto 8/10 Sportsman through M&R authorized dealer. Here is the package price they are offering me:-
# 10 STATION 8 COLOR M&R Automatic Sportsman- $34500.00
# 10HP 230V 40CFM 3 PHASE Ind. Air Compressor Pkg- $3625.00
# M&R R/SERIE FUSION DRYER 36"-6-4 Panel- $7290.00
# 18"X22" INFRARED FLASH M&R Reno- $2450.00
# 31"X40" METAL HALIDE - $3850.00
# POLY BOOTH PW1000 Pressure Washer- $1690.00
# 23"X31" PRINT FRAME- $2150.00

I need your help before I finalize this offer.
Thank you!:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would shop around a bit if I were you. There are many quality options out there. The worst you can do is lower the price of your your current deal with the info you get from other manufacturers. I have own equipment from other manufacturers and there are good alternatives. Feel free to contact me if you want my opinion on equipment.

John
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Contact Tim Foreman from M&R. He might work with you but might not as your already working with a dealer.
I would suggest spending a little more on the flash and get the quartz. Your flash time will be around .5 to 2 seconds as apposed to a min or so with the regular flash.
Air Compressor - You can get one cheaper form a local compressor store or possibly even Lowes Home Improvement. Just get the specs from M&R on the reguirements for the press.

The washout booth you can make or have opne made at a stainless steel company for probably half that price.
The press sounds about right. Congrats on choosing M&R. You wont bve sorry. Great comapny and the service is top notch.
Everything in my shop is Blue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
neato said:
Did he say he was a start-up?
I just assumed since he has been a member here for.. mmm less than a month with 3 posts and he said he was new to the industry last month that would make you a 'start-up'. :D

SuperbPrinting said:
Hello! This is my first post here in this fourm. I am new in this business.
**From 1 week ago**

Why not buy used equipment to start up?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all..
I seems like I need to do more research before jumped on that Sportsman deal.
I also found that Tuf products' package deal is about 25% less than M&R product. I am confused now. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
M&R is by far the best equipment out there. You will find a lot cheaper and only a couple more expensive. Your best bet is to go to a industry trade show, see the equipment in action and talk to all the reps. Then make your decision. Therre is a major one (the Biggest) in Las Vegas in coming up in the next mont in las Vegas. SGIA Las Vegas

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you are just starting out, maybe you would want to try a manual press first. You can learn more of the tricks and get familiar with the business for awhile. When you have gained enough knowledge and history in the industry, you will start to get larger orders and maybe have some money saved up to buy an auto. Then you can keep the manual press to use on your smaller jobs or one color jobs or as a back-up press, because those smaller jobs are not as economical to set-up on an automatic.

If you plan on printing alot of one or two color jobs, then you won't have to get an auto for awhile. Most of my jobs are less than 150 with a few colors. In the meantime, if you have an order for larger or difficult multi-color jobs, just contract it out.

If you work by yourself and decide to get an auto, make sure you get one with a foot pedal so you can stop the press to load and unload shirts.

For a screen washout booth - can be made out of a basic fiberglass shower/tub from Home Depot and buy a regular pressure washer (for about $150 also from Home Depot) hooked up to a garden hose.

Just starting out, you shouldn't need a press that big or expensive. If you still want a auto, I just saw one that I am very interested in at the tradeshow in ATL which I will research more. The Lawson Trooper from Lawson Screen Products - it has a small footprint which is easier to fit in my shop. The brochure says it only has 11' foot diameter (the one at the show looked smaller than that though). Also I can use the frames from my manual press on it too (can adjust to hold up to 23" x 31" screens) so I don't have to order two different sized screens to run both presses. Their brochure says that it is designed for the first-time auto user.

Not a dealer, just interested myself.

Sorry such a long post!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Also, you may want to look into used equipment to cut down on cost.
You can get a new press, but buy all the optional stuff (flash, washout, etc.) used. The lady I bought alot of my stuff from was local to me & selling her whole shop . . . ink, emulsion, screens, washout booth, exposure unit, 2 flashes, pressure washer, clip art, 2 hat presses, 4/1 manual press, 4/4 color manual press, air compressor, and an 8/10 M&R auto for $36,000 total. Because I was local, I was able to go look at the equipment and test it. I bought everything except for the automatic & the air compressor, because I was just starting out and didn't need it yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Contact Tim Foreman from M&R. He might work with you but might not as your already working with a dealer.
I would suggest spending a little more on the flash and get the quartz. Your flash time will be around .5 to 2 seconds as apposed to a min or so with the regular flash.
Air Compressor - You can get one cheaper form a local compressor store or possibly even Lowes Home Improvement. Just get the specs from M&R on the reguirements for the press.

The washout booth you can make or have opne made at a stainless steel company for probably half that price.
The press sounds about right. Congrats on choosing M&R. You wont bve sorry. Great comapny and the service is top notch.
Everything in my shop is Blue.
Also very happy with my Sportsman !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts