T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 200k followers on social media and want to launch a small run of merch (sweaters, tees, mugs) in the UK with a local supplier. I’ve been working with a great designer who proposed he takes 10% of net sales in exchange for the designs instead of his hourly £30 rate. The tees are costing £10, sweatshirts £15 and hoodies £22. Is this a good deal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 200k followers on social media and want to launch a small run of merch (sweaters, tees, mugs) in the UK with a local supplier. I’ve been working with a great designer who proposed he takes 10% of net sales in exchange for the designs instead of his hourly £30 rate. The tees are costing £10, sweatshirts £15 and hoodies £22. Is this a good deal?
Uhmmm.I think it's toooo much to give your designer so much if his design is substitutable by others.
However, if you think his design is unque and worthy of sharing the 10% from you, you can do it..
But for me..the 10% of net sales is toooo much cost...I'd rather give him the one-time fees.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Are there additional fees involved?
Is he taking a risk?
Could he get stuck with nothing?
Without doubt you can get a quote for lessl How much less is directly related to removing their risk.
Those who work on commission get paid LOTS more than those with an hourly mindset.
Sounds like this business partner is betting on you and is willing to help you make some money.
As the CEO of your enterprise get into the PROFIT mindset and not the cost mindset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts