T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used FM Expressions in the past for cheap 1 color transfers. My last order a made a mistake and ordered the incorrect quantity and they were going to ring me up for the set-up fee again to order a handful more. I know, my mistake, but I figured they might work with me this one time in order to secure my business moving forward. Either way, I've used FM, Stahl's, and Transfer Express exclusively to this point but I'm looking for an alternative to FM's $0.15 transfers when I need a one color transfer on the cheap. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally, I swear by Versatrans now. Gang sheet. I really believe that you get what you pay for.
I received a sample pack from them. Their product looks pretty solid. For this particular order though it would have been $100 for the same quantity I received from FM for $25. This particular order is for a friend and he wanted to go on the cheap regardless of quality. I'll try Versatranz at some point though. Thanks for the reply.

·
Administrator
15,475 Posts
and they were going to ring me up for the set-up fee again to order a handful more.
It's unrealistic to think anyone would go through the expense of burning a new screen just to print you a few more 15 cent transfers.

I mean, we're talking 20 bucks. Bite the bullet, pay the $20 and consider it a great lesson learned and it only cost you a 20.

Only other way to get your cost down is to use someone like Versatranz, gang their 13X19 sheet with as many designs/jobs as you can and hopefully get your cost down to something like 50 cents an impression.

·
Registered
400 Posts
it is fairly easy. IF you don't care about quality then purchase something like the yudu silk screen .

I would think that you would need to make shirts in the future.
Paying for this now and learning it will help. Or you can just keep purchasing 1 color f&m transfers. What ever floats your boat. Regardless it wont make any fees go away so you can just buy your missing prints or skip it altogether. I wouldn't process single pieces at a bulk discount price we make that clear each order we take.

" If you order X amount today at $x price and you come back for singles it will be more$."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's unrealistic to think anyone would go through the expense of burning a new screen just to print you a few more 15 cent transfers.

I mean, we're talking 20 bucks. Bite the bullet, pay the $20 and consider it a great lesson learned and it only cost you a 20.

Only other way to get your cost down is to use someone like Versatranz, gang their 13X19 sheet with as many designs/jobs as you can and hopefully get your cost down to something like 50 cents an impression.
I reordered yesterday through them. I agree, lesson learned. It was definitely my fault but not sure why nobody at FM didn't notice I was paying $30 with shipping for ONE one-color transfer. TranferExpress and Stahl's call or email when they see something is out of whack. I guess when you're charging peanuts you don't have extra cash for customer service reps.

Thanks for the reply and the advice regarding Versatranz.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.