T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, after tons of research, I'm pretty confident in AAA 1701's fit. The only thing is, I'm looking for something at least 6.1oz.
Is there anything out there with a 6.1oz ringspun preshrunk blank, with a AAA1701 tubular cut style?

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I thought the 1701 was AAA's fitted shirt? If so, yeah, the fit is different. Hanes is the only ringspun 6.1 I know of off the top of my head though - odds are there are others being manufactured, but they're far more likely to be baggy for the hip-hop market (who often like thick shirts). Basically thick and fitted don't go together - it's rare you even see a fitted shirt over about 5oz.

·
Administrator
14,642 Posts
Sometimes I think manufacturers slap on the word "fitted" to their shirts just for the heck of it because it's fashionable.

I wear 1701's and beefy t's. And if I hold them up to each other, they are exactly the same size!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I wear 1701's and beefy t's. And if I hold them up to each other, they are exactly the same size!
I am wondering if I confused the 1701 with one of their other styles. One site I checked said it was the same cut as the 1301, which I didn't think it was. Might just be my mistake. I know Alstyle do a fitted shirt, because I held it up to an American Apparel shirt and it was practically identical. Maybe a different style number though.

·
Administrator
14,642 Posts
I am wondering if I confused the 1701 with one of their other styles. One site I checked said it was the same cut as the 1301, which I didn't think it was. Might just be my mistake. I know Alstyle do a fitted shirt, because I held it up to an American Apparel shirt and it was practically identical. Maybe a different style number though.

That's what I'm saying. The "fitted" American Apparel is practically the same size as the beefy t too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's what I'm saying. The "fitted" American Apparel is practically the same size as the beefy t too.

No, that's not true...The shirt that compares to the American Apparel fitted/crew/jersey type T is alstlye's 5301 shirt. Alstyle's 1701 shirt bridges the gap between the fitted and heavy weight look.

·
Registered
6 Posts
would like to find a 6.1 similar 1701 cut and feel here in the states. Only thing I can find is in Japan but the cut is not similar and the shipping is too much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts