T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're investigating the possibility of importing our shirts in large numbers from one of the international-friendly US wholesalers.

Alpha is one of these....however, to sign up requires quite a few hoops for international customer.

Anyone got a copy of their wholesale price list to judge whether it's worth the hoops?

Especially for Fruit of the Loom (50/50 and 100%), Gildan, AA, and Bella. All coloured, in quantities up to the 1000s.

Cheers folks!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
monkeylantern said:
We're investigating the possibility of importing our shirts in large numbers from one of the international-friendly US wholesalers.

Alpha is one of these....however, to sign up requires quite a few hoops for international customer.
Does, doesn't it? :(

I have an account, but that would seem to be only half the battle... there's still the dreaded ordering process to navigate. For a company that will supposedly ship internationally, they sure don't seem to ship internationally ;)

monkeylantern said:
Especially for Fruit of the Loom (50/50 and 100%), Gildan, AA, and Bella. All coloured, in quantities up to the 1000s.
Ugh, turns out their website is a massive pain in the arse to use.

To get discount pricing you need to order per colour per size... If you order, say, 100 shirts - to get the best price they divide it into an order of 72 (case price on those) and 28. Playing with their cart, prices are the same on 72 shirts or 1008 (14 cases).

Prices below are based on 72 shirts per colour per size. They're also current prices - the 50/50 Gildan shirts had a "prices effective through" notice, so some of these may be temporary specials.

Fruit of the Loom 100% - 3931 - $1.79 colours / $1.25 naturals
Fruit of the Loom 50/50 - 5930 - $1.88 colours / $1.29 naturals

American Apparel - 2001 - $4.81 colours / $3.91 naturals
American Apparel - 4305 - $4.70 colours / $3.80 naturals

Bella - Not stocked

Gildan - 6.1 100% - G200 - $2.05 colours / $1.17 naturals
Gildan - 5.4 100% - G500 - $1.76 colours / $1.03 naturals
Gildan - 5.6 50/50 - G800 - $1.85 colours / $1.12 naturals

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Solmu!

And thanks to the others that contacted me! :)

Even with shipping, it looks like we can import for a fraction of buying locally...very odd if you ask me, considering the volumes local distributors import (and that they are linked with the manufacturers themselves, not secondary wholesalers).

We're probably going to be ordering in volumes bulky enough to easily go solo, but if any others in the Melbourne area want to join our little import company, you're more than welcome :) (given you can get shirts for 1/3rd-1/2 the price, even with shipping of a guesstimated US$800 for 1000 shirts)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know about there site being a pain in the ***, I actually enjoy the ability to order online, as a retailer/distributor in the uniform industry very few distributors give this possibility, as of late ( within the last 2 years ) I have seen more, but for me, either Alpha or Broder are the only 2 I shop from, they have stock almost always, and they both have california warehouses, so for me it's great their pricing is good in the sale/specials side, I usually monitor the sites once a week for the specials and buy in quantities then, but then again we also usually buy by the case to keep the prices down.

We usually order Gildan, and Alpha had a sale a week or 2 ago for like 1.08 a piece on the Gildan Ultra Cotton so we ordered a bunch, when it comes to regular pricing I usually go with Broder it's a little cheaper most of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts