T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. I have a file that has about 200 different groups in my layers pallet. Is there a way to have them Alphabetized with manually doing it? For instance one group is shoes, shirts, laces, hats? Have them automatically Alphabetized?

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
175 Posts
gotta be careful about moving around layers because sometimes there is a reason the layers are stacked in the order they are stacked.. I know you can select multiple layers and create a layer group out of them but again be careful moving the stacking order and check that the way the composite is supposed to look hasnt changed once you move your layers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but its a clothing layout on a brochure that rotates every week. So what I do is uncheck a group so its not visable and check another group and move to its place. Everything in the group stays the same except I get to move them around on the layout.

·
Registered
175 Posts
may want to look into using layer comps....

Designers often create multiple compositions or comps of a page layout to show clients. Using layer comps, you can create, manage, and view multiple versions of a layout in a single Photoshop or ImageReady file. Layer comps are fully interchangeable between Photoshop and ImageReady if the image color mode is RGB.
A layer comp is a snapshot of a state of the Layers palette. Layer comps record three types of layer options:
Layer visibility—whether a layer is showing or hidden.
Layer position in the document.
Layer appearance—whether a layer style is applied to the layer and the layer’s blending mode.
You create a comp by making changes to the layers in your document and updating the comp in the Layer Comps palette. You view comps by applying them in the document. You can export layer comps to separate files, to a single PDF, or to a web photo gallery.
Choose Window > Layer Comps to show the palette.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts