T-Shirt Forums banner

all new to me

1120 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Catbox
hi all , I have downloaded some nice pictures or images from different web sites etc. by copy and pasteing. Now to enlarge these images to a 8x11 tshirt tranfer ,how or what do i need to do ? for instance i want to enlarge a normal size poker card to the 8x11 or bigger. Is there a simple way or do I have to buy adobe or corel , I have tshirt factory but the images get real blurry when blown up. How do I get them to look normal. i have the epson 1400. I thank you guys .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I would be really careful about what you are copying from the internet. Are you getting permission to use these images? Are you buying them or are they royalty free images that you are allowed to use? It sounds like you are just saving low resolution files from random pages and if that is the case, this can get you into trouble. if they are pixilating its because the resolution is not high enough for enlarging.

There is a free graphics program available called inkscape and is a free download from the interent.

Just make sure that the images you are using are images that you are allowed to use and not owned by someone else. The best way to find images that are royalty free is to search royalty free images and see what you find. These are usually better images for printing as they are either vectors, which can be made to any size without losing image quality, or high resolution jpegs which also are good to resize.
See less See more
Reactions: 1
most web pics are only 72 dpi....you need 200-300 dpi. and like sunnydayz stated watchout, someone might come after you if your stealing there images
If you are doing business, you need the correct tools. Corel or Adobe and a photo processing software are must have items. PhotoZoom Pro or onOne are my personal choices. None of them are cheap, but the results are consistent and worthy of addition to your business software package.
Ken
I totally agree that good software works best. I myself use Corel draw, and also the adobe suite with illustrator and photoshop. I was simply recommending a cheap alternative for economic reasons until you can figure out which you like best, or want to invest in. There are several users of inkscape here that like it ( I myself tried it and didn't care for it) and its a free software to learn a little with. There are also free trials of corel draw and illustrator/ photoshop that you can try to see which one works best for you. My advice on these free trials is to try each separately so that you can devote the time of the trial to one program and get the most out of it.
Here is a good thread with a way to get access to some images you are allowed to use. I got a one year sub this way, for a few bucks.
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/general-t-shirt-selling-discussion/t49224.html#post290126

Sunny gave you a good lead for a vector program you can start with tonight. Inkscape.org is the address. For a program that is like Photoshop, and also freeware, there is Gimp.org.

Copyright is definitely an issue when it comes to snagging images off the web. It's be to just go the safe route. There are alot of images and packages available for purchase, with images and designs that you will be licensed to use.

I got a copy of coreldraw x3 off ebay for $70 shipped to my house. The older versions are not very expensive anymore. Good luck. :)
alien skin... blow up... plugin is great with photoshop
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.