T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had this problem. Coating 1/1, thin side of the scoop coater. I coated 9 screens last night and let them dry and they ended up looking horrible. Assumed they didn’t dry enough after degreasing, so reclaimed them all and tried again. This is what they look like after a fresh coat (pic 1) and after they’re dried (pic 2). I’ve degreased them thoroughly, got the humidity down to 27ish percent, have them in front of a big fan, they’re seemingly bone dry when I coat them. But they’re still doing this. Have a job due tomorrow and am starting to panic a bit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Seen that before, usually happens due to these things:

• Old emulsion- Old emulsion is really thick and goopy. Your emulsion should be a smooth consistency and should be easy to stir. If it's clumpy, sticky, or has started to separate, it's time to get some new emulsion.

• Proper degreasing/cleaning of the screens- Use a good degreaser like Simple Green, or Greased Lighting (both are available at hardware/grocery stores/WalMart, etc..) on both sides of the screens and let them dry squeegee side down while laying flat. At this stage, it's very important to keep them clean and free of dust/dirt.

• Don't forget the basics- even though you already know how to coat your screens, it always helps to refresh your memory with a review of proper practices. Here is a great link to proper coating methods

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: Ended up being the scoop coater. Was using my AWT gold coater. Not sure if it's warped or what's going on with it, but I switched to my old cheap tin coater I got off Amazon and it worked great, coated 10+ screens. Only used my AWT a few times and babied the hell out of it, pretty disappointed. But glad to have solved the issue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.