T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a clothing company and have been wanting to make a T-Shirt made entirely out of 3M material. I wanted to see if anyone knows of a distributor that makes shirts either made out of gray 3M cotton or with the 3M ink printed over the entire shirt.

The shirt would appear gray but reflect with a light source hitting it.

Thank You!

Mike

· Registered
393 Posts
Hello All,

I have a clothing company and have been wanting to make a T-Shirt made entirely out of 3M material. I wanted to see if anyone knows of a distributor that makes shirts either made out of gray 3M cotton or with the 3M ink printed over the entire shirt.

The shirt would appear gray but reflect with a light source hitting it.

Thank You!

Mike
Mike,
We have played with this before. The issue with 3m reflective is that it is a) REALLY EXPENSIVE b) REALLY HEAVY

The way that Reflective works is by suspending glass beads in a translucent material. Beads over that kind of surface area add up quickly and make the shirt weigh a bunch.

It's possible, just not practical.

If you are going to try it, it will need to run Cut-and-Sew because otherwise seams will ruin the thick print.

Jason A

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.