T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
This was a real struggle for quite a while, it's the one thing not mentioned that is a total time killer!

This is what I do to help.

1. Fold and centre crease garment
2. Align garment shoulder seems to top of platen edge
3. Align garment side seems to side of platen edge
4. Take the longest length of the logo and divide by 2, so if it's 12cm long the centre is 6cm, now go 6cm in from left edge and see where it stops, remember that position.
5. Align the logo using the above centre position to the garment crease.
6. To align how much you come down just use the ruler from the top edge of the front collar and drop to your desired height, as a reminder you can create a small pen mark on the rule.

Sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't, I find it very effective and time saving.

Hope it helps!

Raj

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for all the comments here, but I'm still unsure as to the best way to align a breast pocket type image when using heat transfers. My customer complained that 8 of the 36 shirts I sent him where not centered right.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Thanks for all the comments here, but I'm still unsure as to the best way to align a breast pocket type image when using heat transfers. My customer complained that 8 of the 36 shirts I sent him where not centered right.
You can buy cheap lasers from eBay and make lines on the platen to help with alignment. Several people have done it, try searching heat press ebay laser.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Come on guys, all you need is a cheap laser ruler, and a bit of logic.

1. Point the laser ruler to the vertical center of your press.

2. Fold the shirt where the top of your transfer paper should be and press it to create a crease.
3. Place the t-shirt on the press and and line it up with the crease. The lines on the back of the transfer will help you center it to the laser beam.

There you have it... Perfectly centered and level.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.