T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have replaced the lines twice now, we print every day, shake the cartridges every day, and yet the white lines are still getting air in the lines. When I have white in the image I have to print on Heavy 3 or 4 just to get the white to look decent and it still doesn't lay it very heavy because it is dry by the time it comes out.
Anyone have any extra ideas to try? I have checked to see if lines seem tight around entrances and in the damper, etc. CMYK lines do not have this issue at all.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
are your nozzle checks ok? it sounds like your nozzles are partially blocked, which isn't letting enough ink through. either the nozzles, or further up the line at the top of the head where the dampers "snap" on. under the plastic nipples, there's mesh that can collect particles, and this could be restricting your flow. if you're having small bubbles at the top of the lines, this won't hurt anything, but if you're having gaps in the lines, that is a problem. did you replace your o-rings as well? they could be letting air in. you should be able to use Medium 2 or 3 and get plenty of white ink.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Before you go messing with your printer, make sure that your humidity is above 50-55%. Anajet recommends a minimum of 45% but things get a little iffy with mine once I cross under 50%. If you're not using a humidifier, stop reading this thread and go get one NOW.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Humidity will affect the nozzles clogging easy. But your concern is air in the lines which is usually an air leak some where. Example: I had a similar issue when the "sealed" connector at the bottle side lost its seal. One would think at the tube to connector side. But this was on the opposite side where it had a permanent plastic weld.

Reactions: iwantjc

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not sure if your model has dampers or not but our MP5 has and our issue was the white dampers were empty so each time we printed, it would start ok and then fade out to nothing as the heads were starved for ink. Had to fill the dampers using circulate and startup fills and level 3 cleans!, finally seems to be ok now. Don't know if that helps with your model or not, hopefully it does...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.