T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been reading the forums all day while my children nap. I am self-taught and every day I'm on the forums I realize how much I don't know. Sigh.

Anyway, I used Jacquard Professional Screen Printing inks. I do one color printing, though at some point will do have some designs in two color (I draw my own designs using black pens, so my concepts are are all one color based).

Anyway my process right now is I screen my shirts let the air dry, then cure them with an iron. Sometimes I throw them in the dryer on high heat for 30 mins then iron-heat set them.

Since my kids get all my mess up prints I know how well the ink wears wash after wash. I am happy with them.

Reading the forums today I kept coming across the gist that air drying the ink first is bad. Sometimes I'll let a shirt sit for 24 hours (or longer) before I iron/cure them.

Is this bad? Why?

· Registered
7,155 Posts
I recently bought some chemical thats supposedly allows you to air dry, but they say to let them sit one week before washing.

I haven't used it yet, it just came in, and haven't had the time to test it. I should give it a try since I don't have the time. That should give me a week to let it sit before drying.

I believe the stuff is called, VersaTex Fixer. Anyone try this? I saw it on EZscreenPrint.com then googled it, read a little and bought it from another site since it was alot cheaper. Sorry EZ, but my R & D budget is low right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.