T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for my funny title...

Anyway, I'm here to quickly vent. I've tried doing DIY SEO work, I've done some paid advertising. I've done social media. I hit top 50 on Google for a couple months last year, I haven't even shown up on Google since... What gives?

I sell Christian Shirts. I'd like to be found via some sort of related search.

Christian T Shirts, Clothing, Apparel, and more: Sport Your Faith

Ideas?

· Registered
3,145 Posts
No doubt you've read SEO books and checked out websites for advice....So maybe I'm telling you what you already know, but the more often you can mention your keywords within the text on your website (without making it sound spammy...,) the more the search engines will pick up on it. Especially if they are within headline tags or bold tags.

If you don't have a Facebook page for your business, set one up tomorrow. More and more people are using social media to promote their businesses. You can send sponsored ads to several thousand people on FB for a few bucks, and you can target specific groups to receive the ads...in your case "young adult Christians."

Time is important too. A website that has been online for ten years and has been crawled many times by search engine robots will tend to rank higher than a brand new site...So keep at it and have fun.

· Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like you've been tanked for some bad seo tactics. You might as well give up with seo if you have been hit. I had a site that was getting great seo and then one day I was hit hard by the google. Couldn't ever get it back. Learned a lesson though, let Google come to you and not the other way around

· Registered
2,690 Posts
Don't take this wrong but in your descriptions there is not one word about the product you are selling so google doesn't know what to index, if you are selling religious t shirts or decals or what ever it may be then you have to so state it, describe your shirts , how they are done,, etc, etc.. do keyword searches on your product and use them.. update your site regularly..

· Registered
11 Posts
Gijoe, that really depends on your business goals and long-term strategy.

This is what I do know. Google is like the super hot girl in high school. Everyone is chasing her but she really only likes the guys that are super confident and are happy without her.

Always be aware of what google likes but don't focus on building rankings. Build a product that people love to interact with and keep them coming back. Google will soon follow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.