T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,512 Posts
I am having a huge issue with a new designer in importing their AI C2 files into CorelX3. In seems that the anchor points of line art items, even stars, are causing all sorts of issues. Also issues of the brush stroke behind some lettering. It looks fine in AI buit no matter how it is exported or saved, including .eps, it is not translating to Corel. We have other designers and have no issues with converting files. Unfortunately I do not know AI well enough to understand the problem. If someone has suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. If someone would like to see the issue I can email a .jpg file.

Many thanks as I have spent yhours trying to resolve this issue.

·
Registered
746 Posts
if eps isn't working, try saving the file as a pdf then opening in corel - that will work a lot of times for me if saving down to a lower version of illy doesn't play nice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would have the same advise. Try converting to pdf then import to corel if eps is not working. Does the deisgn have an abundance of nodes? This caused a problem for my artist once when he was trying to move files from AI to Corel. Parts of the design were sort of just blinking in Corel after importing. He ended up exporting the design in a few parts and piecing it back together in Corel.

·
Banned
2,512 Posts
I would have the same advise. Try converting to pdf then import to corel if eps is not working. Does the deisgn have an abundance of nodes? This caused a problem for my artist once when he was trying to move files from AI to Corel. Parts of the design were sort of just blinking in Corel after importing. He ended up exporting the design in a few parts and piecing it back together in Corel.
Pretty close to your above description and looks like we have solved it by "flattening" the transparency in AI and export with .svg. Maybe it is just getting old but it seems Corel does most of the functions of AI but with a lot less steps.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Pretty close to your above description and looks like we have solved it by "flattening" the transparency in AI and export with .svg. Maybe it is just getting old but it seems Corel does most of the functions of AI but with a lot less steps.
Is there a lot of "effects" going on? Like transparency, shadows, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts