T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

Sure am glad to have found this place. I've been working on a humorous T-shirt site in order to help get myself through college and I've just recently gotten it online. So I'm in need of a little exposure:

http://newyorkthreads.com/

:)

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks and if you have any pointers or suggestions.

Thanks!
~Aaron

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Why do you have to use those rediculous arrows to scroll down. There is absolutely no purpose to this. Juse let the user scroll down with the browsers built in scroll bars. There is no purpose to these javascript scroll arrows, accept to say, "look what I know how to do" It takes away from the ease of use. I would also make the thumbnail images bigger if possible. Some of them are hard to read.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jdr8271 said:
Why do you have to use those rediculous arrows to scroll down. There is absolutely no purpose to this. Juse let the user scroll down with the browsers built in scroll bars. There is no purpose to these javascript scroll arrows, accept to say, "look what I know how to do" It takes away from the ease of use. I would also make the thumbnail images bigger if possible. Some of them are hard to read.
I didn't intend the javascript scoll arrows to "show off". I chose them because it allowed me to keep some order to my art deco design.

Oh well, can't please everybody. :)

I do agree that some of the thumbnails are difficult to read, I'll get right on that. Thanks for your reply and for your honesty! :)

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I agree that the scroll bars aren't very useable from a customer point of view.

You have some good designs there, but I would suggest increasing the size of the thumbnails and using a regular scrollbar on the side so people quickly know how to navigate your site.

I would also suggest getting a cafepress premium store and putting all the designs in one store so the person doesn't have to go back and forth from your domain name to buy more than one of your t-shirts, they can use the tried and tested cafepress shopping system which is laid out very nicely for multiple product orders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts